Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThread Thumbnail Abuse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thread Thumbnail Abuse
    Posted: October 14 2014 at 11:21
Hello all,

So admittedly, The Flower King thread is kind of my baby. 

I noticed the 'share' feature for the first time and clicked it.  How does one set the thumbnail that gets shared with a thread?  The current thumbnail for the Flower King thread is either a political view that is unrelated to the topic itself or an infantile attempt at a derogatory slur.

Either way, it has nothing to do with the thread.  How can we change the thumbnail?  Also, is this something that is now going to need to be policed?

-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2014 at 11:32
I recognize the thumbnail as the current avatar of one of the thread's contributors (Queen By Tor).  How or why it chose that particular avatar I don't know, but at least I don't think anyone put that there as a deliberate act of trolling or sabotage (not that you were accusing as such).

Edited by HolyMoly - October 14 2014 at 11:35
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2014 at 11:37
Ahh, ok. I feel a lot better then. Thank you for checking that Holy.

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2014 at 17:42
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I recognize the thumbnail as the current avatar of one of the thread's contributors (Queen By Tor).  How or why it chose that particular avatar I don't know, but at least I don't think anyone put that there as a deliberate act of trolling or sabotage (not that you were accusing as such).

As someone who is IT tone deaf I am not really the guy to trust in these matters, but I am most certain that Steve (HolyMoly) is right. How's that for some double talk eh? Nahh it's just a random avatar from one of the posters in the thread. In addition to that, the avi chosen by Trish (Queen By Tor) most likely has more to do with standing up for what you believe in than stepping on anyone's toes.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2014 at 09:05
I'm totally cool and supportive of the explanation.

I discovered the 'rate this thread' feature and the single 1 star vote for the thread only seconds before discovering Trish's avatar pic.  Not realizing it was an avatar pic, I assumed, incorrectly, that someone was trolling the thread. 

An avatar is a very personal thing and I will vhemently defend anyone's choice in their avatar pic as long as it's within the site guidelines. 

Post Reply Post Reply