Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNewears Showcase Arlington MA Jan 17th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newears Showcase Arlington MA Jan 17th
    Posted: December 07 2014 at 09:09
5 Band Showcase at the Regent Theater in Arlington MA, last years show was great, this years line-up looks equally good.

I'll be there.

http://www.newears.org/

http://www.regenttheatre.com/details/newears_art_rock_showcase_2015

From Newears

Frogg Cafe is a 5 piece band from the New York metropolitan area making music that incorporates elements of Zappa-esque progressive rock, pop melodicism and fusion jazz. Frogg Cafe's music is also peppered with an appealing variety of other flavors including latin music, bluegrass, modern chamber music and avant-garde/experimental. Energetic live shows feature extended flights of group improvisation that would draw grins from any hardcore jam-band fan. FroggCafe.com

Eccentric Orbit is a Massachusetts-based Progressive Rock band with drums, bass, keys, wind-synth, electric violin, guitar synth, and electric mandolin. Our original material is all instrumental with a heavy focus on '70s keyboard sounds. Influences include classic Prog bands like Emerson, Lake & Palmer and King Crimson, as well as the sounds of classic sci-fi films. EOband.com

Alek Darson discovered passion for music in his hometown of Belgrade, Serbia when he picked up his mom's old nylon string guitar at age of 10. He's always been drawn to aggressive, melodic, and emotional music and now moves easily between the roles of virtuoso guitarist and producer. His current focus is on creating fresh guitar-driven music for his new release, and finding innovative ways to contribute to other progressive rock/metal/fusion projects as a guitarist, arranger, or producer. AlekDarson.com

Formed in the Fall of 2012, Zombie Frogs is an Instrumental Progressive Metal Band based out of the Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA. The group is heavily influenced by prog giants such as Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, and Scale The Summit, but at the same time possesses its own unique sound and style. Their music fuses progressive roots with melodic technicality and poly-metric insanity. ZombieFrogs.bandcamp.com

This is a band formed around evolution. I was bored of hearing the same old guitar sounds, so I sought to create new ones. I got tired of waiting for the perfect drummer to come along, so I tried to re-imagine what a drummer can be. We can perform as a five-piece or as an uncompromising duo. This is a band born out of hard work, help from some good friends, and the need to build something bold and visceral. This is where passion and technology meet. This is Big Time Kill. BigTimeKill.com
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 09:30
Eccentric Orbit are quite good! I heard their new album on Progstreaming, and promptly recommended it for Something for the Weekend. Sounds like a great lineup altogether, and we wish it was a bit closer to us. Hope you have fun thereSmile!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 20:05
Yeah shame that is probably a bit too far to make.

I think I met the head guy from NewEars at Roxy and Dukes and had a really nice talk with him. He seemed like a real hoot and definitely was a sweetheart.  It would be nice to show the support Ian, especially as Raff and I are on the board of the DC area Art Rock Society, but it is likely a bit too far for us to make.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply