Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInto Imagined lands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Into Imagined lands
    Posted: January 12 2015 at 05:32
I have been working on an album of instrumental tracks for a number of years now and after many all-nighters, re-workings and a ton of money, I am finally happy with what I have created. If anyone is interested you can do a search for 'auralscapes' on the web (not sure if I am allowed to post a link yet or not??) or do a search for the album title 'Into Imagined Lands' You can preview the whole album either on my site or at CD Baby. Essentially there are 8 tracks derived from 3 separate projects which I have welded together in one long continuous piece of music. I could probably have improved the mix but after spending a fortune on session musicians, mix engineers etc. I had to do the final mix myself to control costs. The music itself is a mixture of my main influences, namely, Floyd - Oldfield - Vangelis - Parsons - Jarre - Eno. If anyone does take the time to listen to this I would be curious as to your opinions (good or bad) on the material. Any critique, comments & criticisms most welcome. And being a newbie to the site - I am not just a drive-by poster. I look forward to discussing all aspects of prog rock and all it's spin-offs as well. 
http://www.auralscapes.com/

Edited by Moogmoods - January 20 2015 at 02:50
The purpose of life is a life of purpose - Athena Orchard
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2015 at 10:40
Jerome,
Really really nice work my friend.  One of those albums where you just close your eyes and go on a mental journey.  Loved the guitar work. 
Congrats, must be very fulfilling to have finished a work like this. 

Moogmoods View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2015 at 14:56
Thank you for your kind words - yes, a labour of love. A long hard slog to get to this point. Just a hobbyist - nothing more. Wish I could devote more time to this pursuit but alas there are bills to be paid. Anyway - thx for having a listen. I appreciate it when someone actually gives up their time to listen to the unknown.

BTW I realise not everyone likes this sort of stuff, but I am giving away 100 free CD's once I have them finalised and produced. The CD will include two additional tracks not currently heard on my home page. If anyone would like a copy just drop a line to j[email protected] and you will receive a copy once the final product is complete. Could be a couple of months before I am done though - I have a day job that takes up an awful not of my time. First come first served.

Edited by Moogmoods - January 18 2015 at 15:40
The purpose of life is a life of purpose - Athena Orchard
 Post Reply Post Reply