Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy introduction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My introduction
    Posted: January 16 2015 at 18:06
Hi everyone!

It was only a matter of time before I joined this forum, because I have really grown into progressive rock for the last couple of years. I've come to this forum to find more good prog rock/metal music and, if possible, advice some bands to others. :)
I want to be in a band someday and I already like composing/creating music, but at the moment I'm almost a beginner in playing musical instruments.

Some of my favorite bands:
- Tool
- Porcupine Tree
- Karnivool
- Amplifier
- Tesseract
- Magic Pie
- Opeth
- Rishloo
- Muse
- Dream Theater
- Deftones

By the way, why can't I post in the other forums? It looks as if I can only post in the 'welcome newbies' forum. :(

Edited by Akuphex - January 16 2015 at 18:23
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2015 at 18:30
Originally posted by Akuphex Akuphex wrote:

Hi everyone!

It was only a matter of time before I joined this forum, because I have really grown into progressive rock for the last couple of years. I've come to this forum to find more good prog rock/metal music and, if possible, advice some bands to others. :)
I want to be in a band someday and I already like composing/creating music, but at the moment I'm almost a beginner in playing musical instruments.

Some of my favorite bands:
- Tool
- Porcupine Tree
- Karnivool
- Amplifier
- Tesseract
- Magic Pie
- Opeth
- Rishloo
- Muse
- Dream Theater
- Deftones

By the way, why can't I post in the other forums? It looks as if I can only post in the 'welcome newbies' forum. :(

welcome to the site man.  Crazy stuff going on here.  Just post a few times here.  Perhaps you need more than 5 posts to post out of this section because of...  wait.. even the spammers can post in the main sections when they join.

go figure.  Perhaps a glitch.  Anyhew...  welcome again.  You have a good list of favs there. You'll fit it here just swell!
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
twalsh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2015 at 18:37
Welcome!  We shared some similar tastes.  Tool, DT and Muse are old favorites.  Karnivool and PT are new ones. I'd recommend Riverside and Pain of Salvation if you like heavier prog.  Although lighter than i am used to, Haken also has its moments.  Cheers!
More heavy prog, please!
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2015 at 02:17
Welcome! If you're looking for vast amounts of information and discussions on Prog music this is the place to be. You need to post at least 5 posts in existing threads before being able to start your own threads (except in Welcome Newbies and Welcome Artists).
Akuphex View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2015 at 17:23
Originally posted by twalsh twalsh wrote:

Welcome!  We shared some similar tastes.  Tool, DT and Muse are old favorites.  Karnivool and PT are new ones. I'd recommend Riverside and Pain of Salvation if you like heavier prog.  Although lighter than i am used to, Haken also has its moments.  Cheers!
Thanks, I already discovered Riverside, second life syndrome is my favorite song of them so far. :) Definitely gonna check out the other ones.

Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

Welcome! If you're looking for vast amounts of information and discussions on Prog music this is the place to be. You need to post at least 5 posts in existing threads before being able to start your own threads (except in Welcome Newbies and Welcome Artists).
That explains a lot, thanks for the info.

Post Reply Post Reply