Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Brotherhood of the Machine - posters /free music
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrotherhood of the Machine - posters /free music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brotherhood of the Machine - posters /free music
    Posted: May 10 2015 at 08:35

Hello, all - we're now offering limited edition 80 x 60 posters on our website. With some of them, you ALSO get a free digital download of an hour of our music. All posters are 80 x 60 cm and printed on 250 gsm heavy silk paper, suitable for framing. Go see. https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/merch 

We will be releasing a new album later in the year - "Circle Square Triangle Wave". This will not contain any elements of heavy metal. :-)

Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 08:55
Further schtuff. ;-)

Lewa View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 16:57
Wow, those are great.

I like the second one, especially. I'll get it - but I probably have to wait until the next month. (I hope you'll leave them up.)

Do you do them yourself? And is there a story behind the second one you posted? (It's not an album cover or a song title, is it?)

Edited by Lewa - May 10 2015 at 16:58
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2015 at 07:15
Hello, Lewa - really glad you like it !

I'm going to say "they're all my own work" - they're mainly based on vintage photos which are out of copyright, hand coloured and image processed. (If any other bands want cover art / posters etc doing, I'll be putting a portfolio together - been using Photoshop for years and love it. ;-))) )

The quote on the second poster is from a famous British psychiatrist, Humphrey Osmond - in, I think, a mail to Aldous Huxley. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humphry_Osmond

The image is a crop of Theda Bara, a silent movie star of the 1920's, in "Cleopatra", a lost film - only 17 seconds of the film remain after it was destoyed in a fire. Frankly, it didn't look like it was worth a watch but the image reminded me of old psychedelic posters from the 60's, so that's my take on it, brought up to date. ;-)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2015 at 07:19
PS Posters and music will all be left up. Had an absolutely horrendous six months following a family bereavement - long and complicated story. I'm going to be doing a few posts here but only on "band" subjects. There will be some more free music coming along and I hope it'll interest a few people here. 

Again, I'll repeat it, we're honestly not in this for the money, so we're not aiming to make enormous profits or rip people off. We're just here to have fun keeping the genre going and talking to like minded people. ;-)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2015 at 08:42
Coming soon, free 20-25 minute release - an extended track called "Moscow Underground". 

This will be "pay what you want", if you can't afford it, no problems, donations to the cause will be graciously accepted. We'll post the release date here. 

Post Reply Post Reply