Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - this could quite possibly be one of the best songs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedthis could quite possibly be one of the best songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2015 at 00:03
She was a skilled guitarist with much more depth than what you hear on recordings. She had technique like John McLaughlin. He/she was created for her by the male population that felt a bit threatened by a female guitarist that was just as good or better than any male guitarist in the Jazz/Classical/Rock field. So they just couldn't have that so they decided to create a rumor that she was a male in order to make themselves feel a whole lot better . This way they wouldn't be in their rooms holding their penis in their hand. Decades later...a paid off female jabberbox from the band FANNY...confirmed she was a he, however that holds about just as much weight as a band member stating something that would be strange and repulsive to a club owner about me...so they would get the gig and I would not. The point is she never got the respect she deserved as a guitarist. I didn't care too much for Ramatam's music. I listened to the band for April's playing only. On You Tube is a video of a pencil neck geek showing April Lawton's guitar off to viewers displaying her artwork on the body. Originally the guitar was owned by Barney Kessel . Unfortunately he knows nothing about her career and you'd think he might have researched her legacy out of respect..but sorry no...a huge waste of time as he further states that Mitch Mitchell plays drums on "In April Came, The Dawning Of The Red Suns" which is absolutely incorrect. Mitchell played on the first album only. He doesn't deserve to have her guitar. He just misinforms everyone about anything having to do with her life. That is so wrong. April (RIP)
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2015 at 00:44
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

First impressions while listening: attempts at CSN harmonies; more of a late 60s composition, kind of out of vogue by 73; he/she has a very manly voice; second half is stronger than the first; the song is not prog in the least. 
I think April only plays the guitar; she is not the singer.
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12