Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew "Album" definition!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2015 at 12:44
Originally posted by O666 O666 wrote:

Hi Angelo. I want explain to you and other friends about this thread:
1 - Angelo right about challenge . Post "TITLE" is wrong and I must choose another Title to show my opinion clearly. This title may make misunderstanding. I don't want say  "changing definition " . I talk about changing category of some Released  material  and ... You right Angelo and pardon me.

2 - Angelo right about Objective. This is not Objective case.This is a Subjective case. You right again Angelo.

3 - I don't proud to suggesting bands in PA. Honestly I tried to gave Angelo one fact to proof that I Know Bandcamp or this kind of sites . I never proud to suggesting or introducing bands.

Finally I stand on my opinion about Edison's Children's " Somewhere Between Here And There ". This is not a Studio Album but this can be a Boxset or Compilation . Please listen and check that then give me your opinions if you like.
Thanks for your time and one great sorry to Angelo.

Thanks for the kind PM, Omid - this should settle it. No need to apologise, in a misunderstanding both sides are wrong (and right at the same time if you want). :-)
I think the Edison's Children album is a studio album, as I explained to you in PM, but I'll wait with my final opinion until my ears can confirm or deny this fact next week. Prog on!
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2015 at 14:43
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Hmm, off the topic but why does PA allow reviews of singles? Especially songs that can be found on readily available albums?
Because it is the PA collabs' mandate (from M@X) to list the artists entire discography regardless of format. This includes singles, EPs, fan-club releases, demos and even flexi-discs.

Using the logic that the songs can be found readily on studio albums should we not permit reviews of compilations and VA samplers too?

Anyway... Not all bands lifted tracks off their latest album to release as singles (Strawberry Fields, Paperback Writer, Day Tripper, Hey Jude, Apples and Oranges, See Emily Play, Arnold Lane, Apples and Oranges, It Would Be So Nice, Point Me At The Sky, etc.). Often the single version was an edit, different recording or a different mix. Also, b-sides were often tracks not found on albums. That all these different non-album tracks later appear on compilations is immaterial.

It used to irk me that some folk only reviewed the a-side and failed to mention the b-side and that others "reviewed" a single when it is clear that they've never actually heard the particular version that was released on 45, but now I just shrug and move on.

Hi Dean. You right. I like Marillion's Grendel and this song not be in Album. I found that in B-Side and I really like to rate or talk about that. I agree with you about that. 
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2015 at 14:49
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Hi Angelo. I want explain to you and other friends about this thread:
1 - Angelo right about challenge . Post "TITLE" is wrong and I must choose another Title to show my opinion clearly. This title may make misunderstanding. I don't want say  "changing definition " . I talk about changing category of some Released  material  and ... You right Angelo and pardon me.

2 - Angelo right about Objective. This is not Objective case.This is a Subjective case. You right again Angelo.

3 - I don't proud to suggesting bands in PA. Honestly I tried to gave Angelo one fact to proof that I Know Bandcamp or this kind of sites . I never proud to suggesting or introducing bands.

Finally I stand on my opinion about Edison's Children's " Somewhere Between Here And There ". This is not a Studio Album but this can be a Boxset or Compilation . Please listen and check that then give me your opinions if you like.
Thanks for your time and one great sorry to Angelo.

Thanks for the kind PM, Omid - this should settle it. No need to apologise, in a misunderstanding both sides are wrong (and right at the same time if you want). :-)
I think the Edison's Children album is a studio album, as I explained to you in PM, but I'll wait with my final opinion until my ears can confirm or deny this fact next week. Prog on!

Thanks Angelo. I really like to talk about music and opinions with you. I check your blog and honestly I like that. Beer
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2015 at 15:31
Will it ever end? Please, somebody, kill the beast.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 08:46
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

As you wish majesty!! its doneLOL
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 08:51
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

As you wish Majesty!!  Its done Smile
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 16:13

Thanks Angelo. I really like to talk about music and opinions with you. I check your blog and honestly I like that. Beer

Guess what - some time in september I will post about the new Edison's Children album there :-)
Glad you like what I do there, now I know who the occasional visitor from Iran is!

Edited by Angelo - August 18 2015 at 16:14
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 14:38
Heard it. It may be a boundary case, but given the intention of the artists and the nature of the remixes I'd say it's not a Compilation.
ISKC Rock Radio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123