Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Droogoe Delo (Russia) for PSYCHEDELIC/SPACE ROCK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDroogoe Delo (Russia) for PSYCHEDELIC/SPACE ROCK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aeroslavik View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Droogoe Delo (Russia) for PSYCHEDELIC/SPACE ROCK
    Posted: November 05 2015 at 03:51

Droogoe Delo (Другое дело) is a band from Voronezh, Russia.Band was founded in 2009 and play approximately PSYCHODELIC INDIE. 

Unofficial realeses  "Schnitke 80" -- 2010
                             "Young man" -- 2012

New EP on link

Edited by Aeroslavik - December 17 2015 at 13:24
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2015 at 04:03
Hi there Yaroslav

Prog Related is a special sub that has changed quite a bit over the years. Today we really only include bands in it, if they in some way helped influence prog rock or indeed made their mark on the genre.
Droogoe Dela cannot claim either. So the only way to get into PA is by way of the prog proper categories.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2015 at 04:37
Thank you! Fixed
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2015 at 15:32
Big smile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2015 at 13:26
Wink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 04:28
Hi again
I just had a full listen and while I'm really digging that 80s synth pop a la New Order, it's still a long ways from the kind of music we include on PA.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 17:06
A la new order))) very funny, ok. Bye bye!) this is six totaly different songs . its impossible that songs piedestal or gaz sounds like new order, im very sorry, but its........ You even didnt listen it. Psychodelic its not only lo fi drums and organs, music its not static substence.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 17:47
Yeah allright you got me:-) I think I listened to two thirds of every song, but the 80s synth thing was still what I picked up on. There are some psychedelic qualities to it, I'll admit to that, but I don't hear prog rock. Then again music doesn't have to be prog to be good. Prog was never a stamp of quality or honour for that matter. I actually think that some of the most 'progressive' music being made these days is to be found outside of prog - electronic music fx has brought a great deal of new interesting stuff that in my humble opinion is far more experimental than half the new prog releases we see on here.
So yeah you're perfectly right, music is not a static substance, although sometimes it can seem like it if you're just listening to what the radio is playing;-)
I'm sorry if my previous post seemed rude - I probably should've expanded a bit. Either way, I am certainly not the one you have to convince seeing as I don't have anything to do with artist additions. -The genre teams do. In this instance it is the PSIKE team.
My opinion of the music doesn't matter (and shouldn't seeing as I'm not a member of the team) I just gave it:-)

- Douglas Adams
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 18:25
Sad, our music is not enough Progrocked !   f….ng 4/4  Unhappy ))Oh , we have only one in 5/4 , basically not so progrocking but enough PSYKODELIK
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 18:51
And I want to say that you gave us irrefutable evidences and we no longer pretent. Sorry and good bye)!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 19:03
What does that even mean?
Look, I gave my honest opinion. That's it. I don't have anything to do with bands being added to PA. If the PSIKE team thinks your music deserves to be here, then it will get added. It doesn't matter what I think.

- Douglas Adams
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 19:51
Already no hope for us . We know how it works, its wellknown scheme --  You are a special collaborator and your opinion will play a crucial role. Team will listen to your arguments about New Order and will say us NO, we don't need "Blue Monday" , we need only "Pachuco Cadaver" …...
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2016 at 18:42
I'm not hearing anything Prog here, it's as you said yourself, light psychedelic indie rock / synth pop. 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2016 at 16:33
Ok, but sub genre called 

PSYCHEDELIC/SPACE ROCK. 

Im not insist. I thought the main word here is " psychedelic ".  Thanks for your attention)
 Post Reply Post Reply