Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGOTIC (Barcelona( new record

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: GOTIC (Barcelona( new record
    Posted: December 02 2015 at 10:45
Hi everyone!! GOTIC launches their second record

The legendary symphonic rock band from Barcelona is releasing their lost 1978 tapes, now digitalized and remastered, as the band's second "never-released" LP.  Check out the crowd-funding project at Verkami.

and visit the band's web site for further info;

Greetings from Barcelona!
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 11:01
Fantastic news! Clap Are you thinking about reissuing the first one too?
I hope you'll play in Portugal too Smile
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 22:07
Love Escenes - full of tranquil beauty, with cover art to match
Be nice to have the new one on vinyl - will this eventuate ?
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 09:19
Just got both cd's awesome!..  Escenes is brilliant while Marqueta is more jazz/rock similar sounding to Brand X
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 10:55
The release called "Maqueta" is a bootleg of the demo tapes for the 2nd album which they recorded in 1978 but which was never released (until 2015), but it's unfinished and it sounds a bit rough, especially the last track.

Gotic themselves had no clue where the tapes had gone to, but when they heard the bootleg they recognized themselves playing the stuff. After some searching they found out that the tapes had ended in hands of a Japanese fan, who had provided them for the bootleg release. The Japanese guy kindly returned the master tapes to the Gotic members in 2013 and they set out to finish them, re-recording parts where necessary, polishing the material and finishing the arrangements, and finally in 2015 they released the material as their 2nd official album, now with the name "Gegants i Serpentines" (Giants and Serpentines).

I was fortunate to attend their re-union gig in Barcelona on 15th June 2016 where they presented the "new" album and they played the whole Escenes as well.

So if what you listened to is "Maqueta" I strongly recommend you to get the actual official album with the name "Gegants i Serpentines", it sounds much better !
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 13:10
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

The release called "Maqueta" is a bootleg of the demo tapes for the 2nd album which they recorded in 1978 but which was never released (until 2015), but it's unfinished and it sounds a bit rough, especially the last track.

Gotic themselves had no clue where the tapes had gone to, but when they heard the bootleg they recognized themselves playing the stuff. After some searching they found out that the tapes had ended in hands of a Japanese fan, who had provided them for the bootleg release. The Japanese guy kindly returned the master tapes to the Gotic members in 2013 and they set out to finish them, re-recording parts where necessary, polishing the material and finishing the arrangements, and finally in 2015 they released the material as their 2nd official album, now with the name "Gegants i Serpentines" (Giants and Serpentines).

I was fortunate to attend their re-union gig in Barcelona on 15th June 2016 where they presented the "new" album and they played the whole Escenes as well.

So if what you listened to is "Maqueta" I strongly recommend you to get the actual official album with the name "Gegants i Serpentines", it sounds much better !

It is the "Maqueta" album, to me sounds OK...    Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply