Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [HARD ROCK] Bet you haven't heard a song like this
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed[HARD ROCK] Bet you haven't heard a song like this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: [HARD ROCK] Bet you haven't heard a song like this
    Posted: December 18 2015 at 13:49
Alright alright I admit I exaggerated the title to get people to check out this thread , nothing particularly groundbreaking or spectacular here haha. But I recently released a Hard Rock song with my band project and am looking for some constructive criticism.

I recorded each instrument on just 1 microphone (one at a time, Shure SM57 into a $99 Steinberg USB interface) last year and spent months looking for a good singer before finally adding vocals to this last week. I composed it & play the guitars and bass ( so you can be extra critical of me haha ) but I'm interested to hear what you guys think of everything and any criticism or constructive feedback you could give me.

GENRE: Hard Rock, Stoner Rock, Classic Rock, Alternative, .etc .etc

YOUTUBE: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Qhb7eSkXM

SOUNDCLOUD: 
http://soundcloud.com/sensoryol/one-last-shot-sensory-overload

Thanks for checking it out. Shoot me a PM if you want some more or want me to check out your music as well.

Edited by SensoryOverload - December 18 2015 at 13:49
rickyrat View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2017 at 18:00
Record this by yourself? Pretty clean . Tell more about the mechanics of making this recording . Production/ arranging that sort of stuff makes it interesting.

Edited by rickyrat - September 15 2017 at 18:01
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2017 at 18:27
It sounds exactly like one mic was used for each instrument at a time.  Which is a good thing especially if that's the sound you wanted.  And there's a nice Sabbath influence lurking in the background.

I would say things could tighten up, particularly the drums and how they interact with the band's dynamic.  Also, the singer is good but I miss the power and grit of a trad. hardrock singer.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply