Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDizzy Dizign (Greece) for Eclectic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dizzy Dizign (Greece) for Eclectic
    Posted: December 20 2015 at 23:17
Dizzy Dizign is a prog band from beautiful Kiparissia, formed in 2008. the members are: Dimitris Sampaziotis (guitars, lead vocal, efffects), Dionissis Sampoziotis (drums), Panayotis Sampaziotis (bass, effects), Stefanos Sampaziotis (keyboards, effects) and Thanassis Sampaziotis (alt.saxophone, effects). Brothers Sampaziotis are released two albums: "Dizalty" as a vinyl EP in 2011, and a stunning full-lenght album "Exposure L" pre-released in December 2015 as an online release on Bandcamp as well.i suggested Dizzy Dizign for the PA' Eclectic prog section due to their fine, smooth mixture of the 70s progressive rock styles like symphonic rock, Canterbury-like jazz-rock & psych, and avant-rock, all addored with just a haunting touch of Greek traditional vocal music.

Important links:

Edited by Komandant Shamal - December 21 2015 at 01:18
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 05:15
Really good find! Clap

This band definitely deserves to be here! Difficult to assign a sub genre though...Got a feeling this will struggle to gain acceptance in Eclectic tbf, and I'd be tempted to try Psych/Space or Crossover first. Their first release is being sold on eBay at this moment as a Neo Prog album would you believe (and on vinyl, no less!): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIZZY-DEZIGN-Dizality-GREEK-NEO-PROG-LP-2011-LTD-PRIVATE-PRESS-NEAR-MINT-/252180815536.

Sorry this is in black and white...and I've no idea why they are all wearing breathing masks at the beginning of the gig. Ermm

Perhaps someone in the audience had farted after a particularly well-seasoned helping of Moussaka?

Edit: Upon reflection I actually doubt there is really enough of a Psych/Space feel overall to get these guys included in that sub, so maybe Crossover to start things off? Let's see what others think... Embarrassed

Edited by yam yam - December 21 2015 at 05:27
 Post Reply Post Reply