Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello world of progressive rock :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello world of progressive rock :)
    Posted: January 04 2016 at 01:49
Hi everyone
I'm a young french prog rock fan and artist, i have a lot to learn still but my predilective prog genres are space rock, canterbury scene, zeuhl and jazz fusion, and psychedelic prog above all. My n°1 favorite band is gong, then i really like yes genesis and so on, magma has a special place in my prog view of the world, i mean really hats off to the creativity these guys gather, it's beyond me
Anyways if anyone sees this thread and is willing to lend their ears to my work, i'd be glad to have some feedback and if there is a special section for self promotion i'd be glad to post it there, here you go

https://soundcloud.com/nebulous-sun-1

My most significant songs are astral guiding part II and fibonacci tower
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2016 at 01:52
Welcome, Jeremie.   I can't promise but I'll try to take a listen, and here's the hyperlink -

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2016 at 18:03
Originally posted by Nebulous Sun Nebulous Sun wrote:

Hi everyone
I'm a young french prog rock fan and artist, i have a lot to learn still but my predilective prog genres are space rock, canterbury scene, zeuhl and jazz fusion, and psychedelic prog above all. My n°1 favorite band is gong, then i really like yes genesis and so on, magma has a special place in my prog view of the world, i mean really hats off to the creativity these guys gather, it's beyond me
Anyways if anyone sees this thread and is willing to lend their ears to my work, i'd be glad to have some feedback and if there is a special section for self promotion i'd be glad to post it there, here you go

My most significant songs are astral guiding part II and fibonacci tower

there is a section here for the DYO crowd to post your music and self promote it.  First bit of feedback.. get a new band name. Something with some snap and pizazz. Something that stands out.  The one thing Punk always had over prog.. band names that stuck in your memory. I know Dora the Destroyer has been taken but you get the point. Something that say to me.. hey man.. is that  creative prog rock. yeah man. Well turn it on!  Also Perhaps if you do a video where you burn a likeness of SWilson in effegy. That kind of stuff will get you noticed!  Respected!  Hell...Even loved! hahah

Welcome to the site!  I'll try to get some time to listen to that later this evening.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
EddieRUKiddingVarese View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 20:23
Nice stuff always good to hear some new Prog
"Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes"
and I need the knits, the double knits!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 20:24
Bonjour / bienvenue

Hope you find this site to be ecstatic!

Nebulous Sun View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2016 at 12:02
hi there i know i'm not very active on this website, but i'm here to give some news: i ended up publishing my undermixed and undermastered tracks on bandcamp, because my sound engineer took too much time, here it is: https://nebuloussun.bandcamp.com/album/the-storyteller 
also i have a new band in Rennes with this dude, check him out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvfZloeQzCo 
and last but not least our band will be called Chaordism, the fictionnal setting of the lyrics will describe the same zany adventures of the storyteller, as i think the idea is cool, and we'll be very canterbury scene inspired, as it is pretty much our main influence to all of us :) 
the space of heaven is filled with naked beings rushing through the air, do you hear it roaring? like the wing beats of great byrds high... elias canetti
 Post Reply Post Reply