Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gabriel Baker - Ambient/Dreamy Instrumental Rock
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGabriel Baker - Ambient/Dreamy Instrumental Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gabriel Baker - Ambient/Dreamy Instrumental Rock
    Posted: February 19 2016 at 00:03
Gabriel Baker is the former guitarist of the post-rock band Like Bells.  He currently lives in Emeryville, California and is also the founder of an education technology company developing a 3D virtual world for online education. He started creating music independently in 2015 and enjoys playing on live-streaming apps like Periscope (@gabebaker88), where he has over 200,000 likes.

Gabriel Baker's first independent EP "Here to Stay" is an electro-acoustic, instrumental album, but his newer songs are more traditional electric-guitar infused, instrumental post rock. Here to Stay is on Bandcamp, Spotify, Soundcloud, iTunes, and more.  Thanks for your consideration!

This is the video for what has been the most popular song on Here to Stay, a track called "This is for Sure":

Here's a song that will be on his second, forthcoming post-rock EP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rcHG2AnaK4

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2017 at 07:29
There are now four 4-track EPs on bandcamp - the last three all in pretty much the same vein as the first one. Pleasant enough instrumental, spacey, ambient music that might just be considered as Post Rock perhaps...but certainly rather light on the rock content to these ears. A suggestion for Darryl to maybe have a quick look at if he happens to spot the topic, but without one of our recognised sub genres in the topic title, that can't be guaranteed by any means. Ermm
gabrieljbaker View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2017 at 22:30
Hi Yam-yam, thanks for listening.

Do you suggest I edit the title to include one of the recognized sub-genres?

Thanks again. Agree, the tunes only overlap a little bit with more conventional "post-rock". So it goes. :)  Bounce is my favorite. 

More songs coming. 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 04:04
Yes, absolutely edit the title to include a sub genre. Approve Perhaps include both Post Rock and Crossover Prog? Ermm I personally don't really see this as a fit for Crossover, and the team has Hell of backlog to work through at the moment, but if the Post Rock boys don't take up the mantle then I don't see where else we might be able to accommodate you on here. No harm in trying both options eh? Smile
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2017 at 14:42
Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry for taking so long to give you a reply, Gabe, we missed this before. Added to the post/math rock chart with my 'Yes' vote (needs two more to get in). http://progfreak.com/Gabriel-Baker-169793.html?path=pa/recent

Edited by The Bearded Bard - December 05 2017 at 15:16
 Post Reply Post Reply