Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTesseracT appreciation thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: TesseracT appreciation thread
    Posted: May 14 2016 at 04:52
listening now to the new album, they certainly know how to not dissapoint, faboulus, sort of remeinds me of Yes in essence, of how they make things sound, crisp, ethereal and djenty. they have everythin one need to cary the progressive metal torch from Mastodon into 2020s.

masters of atmosphere and playing chops, and not sound clinical but authenticly progressive (and for those sensative to growl, they do not growl, on the two last albums.)

The bass player is taking over the torch from Squire imo as the premier prog bass player.
sokorny View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 00:24
I got into these guys earlier this year and even went to see them live in Perth when they toured this year (although admittedly I was more there to listen to Caligula's Horse than them).

Live I wasn't that impressed with them ... the vocals really got drained out and the instruments were probably too loud for the small venue (so was hard to deiscern the individual sounds of the band).

However since the show I have been listening to them more and more, and really do enjoy their sound. Some songs are a bit hit or miss for me, but overall they have some great tracks that really are musically well balanced and played.

I am not a big fan of djent music generally but have really got into these guys. The saxophone mix into the djent sounds on Calabi-Yau (from Altered State) was a masterful song I thought.

Haven't yet checked out their new album ... I will definitely be doing so soon.
Atlas Cube View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2016 at 14:50
It was similar when I saw them live last year. I don't think their style translates very well from recording to the stage, especially the vocals.

Their recorded stuff is very cool and has definitely influenced many others in the modern prog metal genre.
 Post Reply Post Reply