Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Worst track on...In the Court of the Crimson King
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorst track on...In the Court of the Crimson King

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Which track is worst?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [6.17%]
11 [13.58%]
5 [6.17%]
55 [67.90%]
5 [6.17%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 09:31
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

I was certain that "Moonchild" would "win" this poll. it is, however, in my opinion the best track on the album

that's a unique opinion :)

I have explained my opinion several times; it is interestingly the same opinion that Cert1fied, a former member of the forum and very knowledgeable in music theory, had (I have quite a knowledge in music theory myself, by the way). the lyrics of the song are reflected in the instrumental section. if you listen closely you can hear the moonchild drop stones on the sundial , play hide and seek with the ghosts of dawn, the smile of the sunchild at the end of the track and so on - try to figure it out for yourself.

you will perhaps understand why I consider "Moonchild" to be the best track on the album then

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 09:37
^I actually really enjoy Moonchild, and a lot of it sticks with me lyrically. It's just my least favorite on the record, which says a hell of a lot about said record!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 09:40
Moonchild - rather predictably. I spent many years singing the praises of the album to friends, but continually having to justify the 'noodlings' after the excellent opening few minutes eventually wore me down. The experimentation and dreaminess would work well, if it was half the length - but like many 70s drum solo - it does over-stay its welcome somewhat. On saying that, I still like listening to it as an integral part of the album - but it is the weakest part.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234