Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 25 early Tull - including the good stuff!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Covering what's left. Which is your fave?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.79%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.79%]
2 [3.57%]
4 [7.14%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [3.57%]
3 [5.36%]
5 [8.93%]
1 [1.79%]
1 [1.79%]
2 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [12.50%]
3 [5.36%]
6 [10.71%]
1 [1.79%]
10 [17.86%]
2 [3.57%]
5 [8.93%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2016 at 17:00
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Dr. Prog has every right to include whatever songs he feels like in his polls, but especially his 68-73 left a lot to be desired. Here's 25 songs that weren't included and I prefer a vast majority of them to his selection (left out TAAB & APP for natural reasons). 

Much better list. Thank you. So many to choose from! I'll go with Nothing Is Easy. One of the best blues-rock tunes to come out of the 60s. And great in concert!
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2016 at 15:28
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Much better list. Thank you. So many to choose from! I'll go with Nothing Is Easy. One of the best blues-rock tunes to come out of the 60s. And great in concert!
Well, thank you! I was planning to go with To Cry You a Song but as I relistened to With You There To Help Me  I simply couldn't deny that its one of the best songs ever made. 
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2016 at 17:17
The lounge jazz baroque dance tune.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2016 at 19:55
We used to know drags on a bit. Pretty standard track
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2016 at 20:31
Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

It was good enough for The Eagles to make a monster hit out of it:

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2016 at 20:44
Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

Incorrect! (IMHO)
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2016 at 21:36

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Well, thank you! I was planning to go with To Cry You a Song but as I relistened to With You There To Help Me  I simply couldn't deny that its one of the best songs ever made. 

All of those are tied for me....and throw in Aquaung and My God too.....can't really choose.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2016 at 01:37
We Used To Know has a terrific melody that may be lost a bit. Not sure if Tull really had finished it. Oh well, the Eagles managed a fair fist of that one. Good guitar duet there as well.

Speaking of which anyone think the intro of Hotel Califrnia bears a little resemblance to another song we used to know called Supper's Ready? Did the Eagles distill everything that is fine about symphonic rock (aka prog) and make it socially acceptable?

Or is that another thread? ;)

Back to the mighty Tull.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2016 at 11:27
Wond'ring Again
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 08:54

but as I relistened to With You There To Help Me  I simply couldn't deny that its one of the best songs ever made. 

amen brother... and definitely the best thing Tull ever did...Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2016 at 12:58
Locomotive Breath
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2016 at 19:45
I hadn't posted or voted earlier because I so wanted to vote for Bourée, but it can't settle on it edging out My God. So, I put my vote in for My God, and hope my affection for Bourée gets duly noted.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 02:50
Locomotive Breath

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 04:41
I really love Mother Goose. So folky and quirky. I wish Ian had done more of that type.
Although Secret language of Birds and Rupi's Dance come close.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 09:31
Top 3 - Nothing is Easy> To Cry You a Song > Bourée
Junges View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 10:47
With You There To Help Me
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 11:27
Dr. Bogenbroom.
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 13:48
I'll go for Mother Goose too rather than the usual suspects for a change. Always been a favourite of mine.

"Walked down by the bathing pond to try and catch some sun
Saw at least a hundred schoolgirls sobbing into handkerchiefs as one
I don't believe they knew I was a schoolboy!"

Edited by Squonk19 - May 08 2018 at 13:52
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12