Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHi. Newbie from Germany

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi. Newbie from Germany
    Posted: November 12 2016 at 10:29
Hi there. I'm Christoph and a new member at ProgArchives forum.

I want to introduce myself to you. I'm 48 years old and lovin' prog from my early days of listening to Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, ELP and Yes. Beside this old classics I love Transatlantic, Flying Colors, Steven Wilson and many more. I'm still curious in getting new prog input. That's one of the main reason why I entered this forum. Outside prog other influences are Jazz (Miles Davis, EST, Steps Ahead...), Rock (Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple...) and many others.

Besides I'm the keyboard player in a Progressive rock band called "The J Conspiracy". Sure, I will introduce the band within the next days right here in the "Welcome artists" forum.
If you can't wait, check out: http://www.thejconspiracy.net

Stay tuned. Cheers
Christoph
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 10:57
Hey Christoph,

Welcome to progarchives! You'll find no shortage of recommendations for great music on here. 

I listened to "Place Called Home"; great stuff! Thumbs Up
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
christophTJC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2016 at 10:25
Hey Magnum Vaeltaja

Thanks for listening. Our new song "The Glass House" was released this month. You may wanna check it out on our homepage. I will post a short introducion of my band in the "Welcome artists" forum very soon...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2016 at 07:23
welcome to the site Christoph. Put you on the spot...  I really love the current golden age of progressive rock we are in now... rivals the 70's IMO if not for commercial success obviously but then for quality and depth of the music.

got a list of a favorite modern albums? Curious to see what you like... or more to the point.. what I like you may not have on your list LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply