Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello from France

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from France
    Posted: January 26 2017 at 13:17
Hello all!

I'm a rather seasonned prog amateur from France. I bought my first EP in 1967 (Moody blues) and first LP in 1968 (Pink Floyd). 50 years listening prog! I like Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Pink Floyd and many others from early 70's.
Having much more time now since I retired in 2015, I spend my evenings discovering new groups and found PA very usefull and decided to join a few months ago (and list the ratings of my CD/LP/FLAC collection).
I wish a long life to PA and all prog lovers Wink

Pierre

Replayer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2017 at 14:07
Bonjour et bienvenue, Pierre!

I have a Francophone friend who introduced me to several French prog/prog-influenced acts, such as Pulsar, Atoll, Carpe Diem, Malicorne, Tri Yann, Alan Stivell, Jean-Luc Ponty and a little bit of Ange. I returned the favor by telling him about Seven Reizh and Zanov, both of which I discovered here on PA. It is truly a great resource for discovering new music.

Best to you and have fun in your prog voyage,

Robert

Edited by Replayer - January 26 2017 at 14:08
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2017 at 15:22
Originally posted by Replayer Replayer wrote:

Bonjour et bienvenue, Pierre!

I have a Francophone friend who introduced me to several French prog/prog-influenced acts, such as Pulsar, Atoll, Carpe Diem, Malicorne, Tri Yann, Alan Stivell, Jean-Luc Ponty and a little bit of Ange. I returned the favor by telling him about Seven Reizh and Zanov, both of which I discovered here on PA. It is truly a great resource for discovering new music.

Best to you and have fun in your prog voyage,

Robert

Hello Robert,

I also like Pulsar, Ange, Zanov and Seven Reizh. I have been to an Alan Stivell concert more than 40 years ago (1974)!
You can discover Alpha ralpha, Jean-Pierre Louveton and The great old ones (all listed in PA). And a gem not listed in PA: Serge Gainsbourg's Melody Nelson at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3C4AVbqyY8

Enjoy Wink

Pierre

Post Reply Post Reply