Topic ClosedTrump bombs Syria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 06:05
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Well on the other side it's curious what Kim Jong-un in the North Korea is thinking.

come on man... what do you think he is thinking...  a prog fan he is not   I'm surprised the man even makes it out of bed.... LOL

he ain't doin' nothing to ruin that good thing he has going on... he'll rattle a saber or two to remind us he is still alive and kickin'.. but at the end of the day.. he has that waiting at home for him. Don't sh*t where you f**k man.. the first rule of manhood...
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 08:09
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Gamemako Gamemako wrote:

Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

The UN ... that's what they're there for

The structure of that body means that one ally is all that is needed to gum up the works. That's what Russia is doing for Assad.

Then the UN is broken and requires fixing because if the UN cannot police this kind of conflict then there is no point in it being there.

You don't address a horrific humanitarian atrocity by throwing several hundred tonnes of incendiary ordinance at the place they're believed to be the storing chemical nerve toxins.

The UK Government fully supports the US action, which we believe was an appropriate response to the barbaric chemical weapons attack launched by the Syrian regime, and is intended to deter further attacks."
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 09:52
The action itself was perfectly appropriate. This strike was on an airfield, not like it was on a city or anything. 
That said, my fear is: Is this is a one off, or prelude to more intervention? If so, will it be full out war to remove Assad?

I just hope the US moves forward with patience, caution and planning. We can't knee jerk. Syria is a mess. "Assad is bad" (obviously) isn't that simple. Isis is there. It seems a bit obvious to me we'd want to very seriously contemplate how wise it is to create a bigger vacuum in a country where Isis already has a foundation. 
Beneath the war against Isis, is a multi front proxy war. US/Saudi Arabia/Turkey vs Russia/Iran. The Kurds are involved, the never ending Sunni-Shia war. This is a very complex messy situation. Just running in guns blazing to remove Assad, is likely not wise. 

It's funny, the right who are loathe to ever help the needy here, are so fast to jump to the claim "Whats wrong with you!? You can just sit there while suffering happens this is a grave injustice" which is true but I have to wonder if they have bias/agendas perhaps they don't even realize. 
Likewise, the left always seems very fast to jump into it as well. I believe the sincerity of their want to help, to do good. I just have to raise an eye at how they can be so willing to move tomorrow to remove Assad, while Isis is literally there. "Go it alone" if need be, Nikky Haley has said. Has the left forgotten Iraq already?

This is all, no one disagrees on the horror of the act, and that of course we don't want Assad there. I just think we need to take a smart, ideally multi national approach and just remember: Blowback is inevitable. Even if an action is justified and altruistic. Again remember Iraq. That war lead to the rise of Isis...so even those motivated by care and altruism...I stress caution. Actions could negate that very goal. 
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 10:09
How do you fire 59 Tomahawk missiles at an air base and leave it operational?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 10:17
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

How do you fire 59 Tomahawk missiles at an air base and leave it operational?
Very carefully and with great precision.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 10:24
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Well on the other side it's curious what Kim Jong-un in the North Korea is thinking.

come on man... what do you think he is thinking...  a prog fan he is not   I'm surprised the man even makes it out of bed.... LOL

he ain't doin' nothing to ruin that good thing he has going on... he'll rattle a saber or two to remind us he is still alive and kickin'.. but at the end of the day.. he has that waiting at home for him. Don't sh*t where you f**k man.. the first rule of manhood...
Kim Jong-un looks good in purple. (Confused)
Greys0n View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 02:56
I hope it all will not lead to nuclear war. It will be a disaster for the whole world. If you don't believe in it then you are better to visit Chernobyl and see it with your own eyes. I was there and even after 31 years after the accident there are many radiation dangerous zones. I had isotope identification highly-sensitive device that measured the radiation level. Also it identificate of the radionuclides type by their amplitude gamma spectra. Anyway everything must be solved in a peaceful way.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 04:13
No problem for me. I still remember how to "duck and cover." Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12