Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRoger Floyd for crossover prog??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roger Floyd for crossover prog??
    Posted: January 22 2018 at 01:42
What if Pink Floyd were still producing concept albums? This is the question that I asked myself years ago. I realize this is a question that would only be asked by a huge Pink Floyd fan but still I wondered. 

I wondered if the younger generation heard the alarm clocks ringing in the beginning of “Time” whether they’d know what that sound was. Grandfather clocks and any other non-digital clock are all but extinct. Would an updated song have ringtones instead? Would that have the same impact? 

I soon started writing songs related to the current digital world that we live in, things that are important to me and that I had strong opinions of. I then started taking in how this technology has changed our relationships. I watched friends and couples wedge a device between them so they always have an exit strategy from true communication. This gave me the added idea to write the story of a dissolving marriage that technology helped to destroy. 

In short, this album is my attempt to a) Write a concept album about a deteriorating marriage due to technology and b) To sound as much like Pink Floyd as I could. This was recorded in my home-studio by myself with some vocal help from Diana Planche and Lyra Howell. 

This isn’t a hip album, it isn’t catchy, fast or uplifting but it is expressive of my current mental state and I think approaches a topic that is becoming more and more an issue and possibly a problem. 

Samples and album at https://rogerfloyd.bandcamp.com/releases/
black_diamond View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 01:07
So far it's the best Pink Floyd copy I've heard :)
 Post Reply Post Reply