Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enchant recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoeDent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enchant recommendations
    Posted: April 25 2018 at 01:34
I'm looking for recommendations of where to go next in Enchant's discography. I've already got The Great Divide, and I love it. But what albums should I try next?
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 04:05
You can go wrong with Enchant if you ask me, they've never released anything weak. 
My favorites are their debut album - A Blueprint of the World,  Juggling 9 or Dropping 10 and Break. 
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 09:27
A Blueprint of the World is by far their best...
Break and Wounded are still good but I would recommend Time Lost as their second
best even if it's a compilation of "Lost" Tracks.

Blink and Tug are so so but ok. I can't stand Juggling (it doesn't sound like Enchant at all)
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 09:42
The first album "a blueprint of the world" is often considered their best. However, I haven't heard it in a really long time so I don't remember much about it. 

Anyway, "the great divide" which is their last album is pretty good. "Juggling 9 or dropping 10" is also very good. Not sure this band ever put out some really stand out albums though. 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 09:46
Originally posted by RoeDent RoeDent wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations of where to go next in Enchant's discography. I've already got The Great Divide, and I love it. But what albums should I try next?

Sorry, I responded before actually reading your post. I would say get "tug of war" next.
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2018 at 04:53
I think they are their best when they create songs like found on Break or Juggling 9.

It's all a matter of taste. They created (in my opinion) uninteresting neoprog in their early period and then found a great more pop-prog sound.

Tug of War and Blink of an Eye are heavier, but the synths are sometimes a bit corny and overused.
I also liked the playful drumming of Paul Craddick, wich is why I like the project Xen, wich is some sort of a continuation of Juggling 9.

Juggling 9 in my book is a perfect album. Great songs, to the point-songwriting, great vocals, and short duration, wich is the best when writing pop-songs.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2018 at 15:32
I'm somewhat irritated about all the love Juggling gets. It's the only album they did where
they threw all their trademarks overboard: No singing guitars, no great driving singalong
refrains and a lot of rather bland songs (which are hard to remember).

Their poorest albums for me with rather boring mainstream (slightly Proggy) Rock.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2018 at 17:57
Blueprint... and Time Lost are the best and proggiest. 
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2018 at 23:46
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

I'm somewhat irritated about all the love Juggling gets. It's the only album they did where
they threw all their trademarks overboard: No singing guitars, no great driving singalong
refrains and a lot of rather bland songs (which are hard to remember).

Their poorest albums for me with rather boring mainstream (slightly Proggy) Rock.

I started with Break back then, and when Juggling was released I immediately felt this was a band I would like.
I started to buy the early albums, and thought they were mediocre at least. Terrible production and the songs were stretched out too long.

I use the album to sing along (the best songs they have written in their career are on Juggling), and I use to practice my drumming. My love for that album is steday for at the last 18 years.
It's more or less a Paul Craddick-album, and I like his playful style.

And almost every song on Juggling is a sing-a-long song with great lyrics and powerfull refrains.
 Post Reply Post Reply