Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How hard is Apocalypse in 9/8 from Supper's Ready
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How hard is Apocalypse in 9/8 from Supper's Ready

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 00:03
Originally posted by MarketSquareHero MarketSquareHero wrote:

So I am reffering to the keyboard solo, which I am kind of proud I can easily play :D

What difficulty from 0 to 10 do you guys think it should be classified at?

Could you post a video playing it?  

I don't think the Supper's Ready organ solo is as difficult to play as the piano intro to "Firth of Fifth," but then again, I am but a humble prog bassist.  All of those black & white keys confuse me.  Cry

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
MarketSquareHero View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarketSquareHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 10:02
Ok, so I got what you guys said, maybe imitating a piece isn't what really matters, but creating one does
One thing though, the fact that I'm 15 years old could give me a point? :)
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 14:48
Hey Andrew,

Congrats for your achievement... It may be good news for anyone who might look for keyboardist playing a similarly built solo ! 

If your ambition is to play more complex parts you'll just go for it and, given your high motivation, we can only look forward.

The most complex possible parts are very long with many interwoven lines, patterns that won't repeat, demanding very quick and precise moves, crazy polyrythms and harmonies etc, so that Apocalypse solo has a lot of ingredients, but is still quite far from that top. If you choose a superbly sounding part that only lifelong trained extremely talented World -class players can master at their very top, you'll get the ultimate legend aura, but since it's possible to impress or get the total trip with much less sacrifices, only people who can't help it taking extreme lifelong challenges will go for it. Time will tell !!

No big name possible without a lot of touring, or sort of being a lottery winner. There are countless players one could admire for their talents... But if one just enjoys playing others' parts, no shame for being proud, really !!!

Edited by jayem - June 06 2018 at 16:40
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2018 at 16:07

Ok, so I got what you guys said, maybe imitating a piece isn't what really matters, but creating one does
One thing though, the fact that I'm 15 years old could give me a point? :)

You are my hero!  I wish we lived next door to one another, it would be grand!  Please keep up the hard work, my friend!  
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarketSquareHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 14:18
Hahahah thank you, you say that because you are the same age as I am?
Well, us living next door I'm afraid it may be very difficult :(, because. I'm not even from the north hemisphere
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 20:49

Hahahah thank you, you say that because you are the same age as I am?
Well, us living next door I'm afraid it may be very difficult :(, because. I'm not even from the north hemisphere

My friend, I am older than dirt!!  I turn 63 in a few days!  

Seriously, it is very hard to get together for progressive music jamming these days....everyone is too damn busy.  Here I am, playing some serious rock music with an old friend (he is on Rickenbacker), and I miss times like these!  

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarketSquareHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2018 at 10:24
I know what you mean
I have friends with similar music taste as me, but actually jamming on odd time signatures or playing those long prog songs is something that I still wish to do
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12