Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminyCrikett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: June 04 2018 at 08:51
Hi! I've been surfing this site for a while, finding great music through it so thank you guys for the community you've built here. I was thrown head first into prog through Gensis' Suppers Ready (greatest song of all time in my book) and haven't looked back since! I've branched out from symphonic prog to both folk and metal and everything in between, so I can't fit myself in a genre or two I just love good music! Glad to be here!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 09:36
Howdy! You've jumped in at the deep end with Supper's Ready. Enjoy the adventure ahead!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
jiminyCrikett View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminyCrikett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 10:45
Thanks SteveG! The deep end is where I want to be then haha
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2018 at 17:21
Welcome ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2018 at 01:43
Welcome!
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 19:35
Originally posted by jiminyCrikett jiminyCrikett wrote:

Hi! I've been surfing this site for a while, finding great music through it so thank you guys for the community you've built here. I was thrown head first into prog through Gensis' Suppers Ready (greatest song of all time in my book) and haven't looked back since! I've branched out from symphonic prog to both folk and metal and everything in between, so I can't fit myself in a genre or two I just love good music! Glad to be here!

Welcome!

It seems you have not heard "A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers", the song "Supper's Ready" was inspired by. Well, that can be changed:

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
hieronymous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieronymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 22:24
Welcome aboard! I'm not an old-timer or regular poster but I like your avatar so thought I'd say hello

Also, make it a habit to copy your post before you hit the "Post Reply" button - the forum software is pretty wonky sometimes - I wasn't going to say anything but it didn't let me post so I'm sayin' it now!
 Post Reply Post Reply