Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member/ PhD Survey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillieJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member/ PhD Survey
    Posted: July 03 2018 at 04:54
Hello! I'm a PhD student studying prog rock and spiritual experience in St Andrews, and very new to this site. Is there any chance anyone could do me a massive favour and let me know if there is an appropriate place for me to advertise and link my survey? It's so important for me to better understand listener experience but I need to get in touch with them first! Thanks so much. Kimberley
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 05:31
Hi Kimberley, welcome to the forum! You might get your best survey response in the Prog Music Lounge, though I'm not entirely sure it's the right place. Second option could always be back here in this section. 

- Gabe
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 05:43
Surely most spiritual experiences at St Andrews are golf related? ;)

Welcome aboard, I'd stick it on the main board.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
BillieJane View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillieJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 05:55
hehe, thanks! Definitely looking spiritual at the moment, with the gorgeous sun. I often meet lovely golfers at my 'other' work, in a pub!

I keep getting a message about links not being allowed- this is understandable, given the likelihood of them being spam - but unfortunately a link to a survey is my only option because of uni ethics requirements. Does anyone know of a way of getting around this?
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 06:11
You probably just need to get to a minimum number of posts before you are allowed to post a link. If it is a problem you could set up you post and add your link as text only and I can post the link in a follow up post.
Ian

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillieJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 06:20
Thanks! I'm still getting access denied even for creating a new topic at the moment .. will try posting here in a sec
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillieJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 06:21
Hello! My name is Kimberley Anderson and I’m a PhD student in Theology and the Arts at the University of St Andrews. My thesis explores how certain forms of progressive rock might be connected to spiritual or religious experience. To make my project as accurate as possible, I am gathering first-hand accounts of how listeners experience this music, and I would be delighted to hear from you if you have anything to say about this combination of ideas. This month I am running a survey that is open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs and persuasions, as long as they are over 18 years of age and interested in progressive rock. My definition of progressive rock is very flexible, so please do not be put off if you only have experience with a few bands which fit loosely into this category. It starts with some quick, general questions about how you perceive and experience prog rock, and moves on to ask participants to describe, where possible, specific kinds of experience related to progressive rock and spirituality. It can be completed online during via the link below and, all in all, should only take 15-20 minutes of your time. Your answers will be treated confidentially, but there is also the option to leave your email address in case you are willing to keep in touch and perhaps answer any more questions (this would be extremely helpful!). 

PhD Researcher: Kimberley Jane Anderson, University of St Andrews, [email protected]
Supervisor: Dr Gavin Hopps, University of St Andrews, [email protected]

standrewseu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cCuaeyS5pbWv7aB
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillieJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 06:22
Great that this has worked! It didn't before...
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 06:34
There's another forum I'm a member of you may also want to post on

Ian

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillieJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 09:07
Thanks for the tip! Looks like a great site. Will see if I can get in touch with people on there shortly!
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 09:25
Originally posted by BillieJane BillieJane wrote:

Thanks! I'm still getting access denied even for creating a new topic at the moment .. will try posting here in a sec

this is a general problem of this site. to be on the safe side mark the text you want to publish and use Ctrl C. when you get the "access denied" message go back in your browser and post the text again. sometimes this process has to be repeated

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillieJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 09:28
managed to get a post under 'polls' now... hopefully that is where people who want to voice their opinions will go!

Thank you so much for your help. I look forward to checking out your music too! Very much enjoying Magma
 Post Reply Post Reply