Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Was theWizard of Oz first high budget fantasy film
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Was theWizard of Oz first high budget fantasy film

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was theWizard of Oz first high budget fantasy film
    Posted: July 26 2018 at 11:04
Was The Wizard of Oz the first fantasy film of high colour quality and scope. It is from 1939 and is paralell with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I find it to be a very beutyful film.

Edited by Icarium - July 26 2018 at 11:06
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2018 at 12:01
Don't know if it was the first, by the time I was a kid they would show it on TV once a year (springtime IIRC) and I remember being amazed when we finally got a color TV in the late 60's and could see Oz in it's full glory for the first time Smile
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2018 at 12:37
Maybe.   I like this one ~

Fingers of dr t.jpg

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply