Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1978: Attahk of the killer Tormato

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which of these albums do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
28 [45.90%]
33 [54.10%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 12:17
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Please......don't make me choose.]

I won’t attahk you with rotten tormatoes if you choose not to.

Perhaps I should have included the options “I’d rather be attahked by a killer tormato...” than suffer through these albums and “I’d rather attahk you with rotten tormatoes ...”and make you suffer.

While I love Attakh and find it so much fun, it’s surely not an album for every one.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 01:28
Originally posted by tempest_77 tempest_77 wrote:

Tormato is very underrated in my opinion, the opening track is quite good, and the album closer "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" is a masterpiece tbh.

you keep saying To(r)mato is underrated but seeing how many votes it got on the two polls recently goes to show it isn't underrated at all. How is it winning so far in this poll, I do not get it. 

Like you say, the opening and closing songs are great, I agree, but the rest? Onward is decent and Release Release at least rocks, so half the album is ok, the other half is rather horrid if you ask me. 
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 17:24
I don't know exactly why, but I'll go for YES on this one. I like both albums, but I prefer Yes.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2018 at 16:06
Easily Magma. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 23:53
Magma not by muchLOL
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 23:58
Two great albums I put on an even keel. Attahk has this tight, dry sound I enjoy a lot, and Tormato has Squire’s wrelchy Rickenbacker, mostly awesome songs on both. I guess if I have to choose, the Yes fanboy in me wins out.

Edited by Tom Ozric - April 19 2020 at 00:14
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 11:38
nice poll !
bump
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 11:56
For me it's "Attahk" due to "Maahnt - the Wizard's Fight versus the Devil", especially where the wizard repeatedly says something that sounds like the German "Bet mit" ("Pray with me"), in answer to which the devil only makes obscene noises and in the end finally mockingly goes "ooh, maahnt", which the wizard also says repeatedly and which sounds like the German "mahnt", meaning "urge" (as a verb in the imperative plural form). At other times the wizard says something like "Send mir die Kraft", German for "Send me the power". This gives some funny meaning to the vocals when one speaks German.

Edited by BaldFriede - February 07 2021 at 12:08

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 12:03
Tormato. Madrigal is a great song. Not many people like it, but that's ok. I love it.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Spacegod87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacegod87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 21:07
As I've stated before, Tormato was the first prog LP I ever bought, and I still maintain that the album is not as bad as people say. 

I think it is enjoyable and fun and I'm not ashamed to admit that I love it.
Levitating downwards,
atomic feedback scream.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 21:28
Originally posted by Spacegod87 Spacegod87 wrote:

As I've stated before, Tormato was the first prog LP I ever bought, and I still maintain that the album is not as bad as people say. 

I think it is enjoyable and fun and I'm not ashamed to admit that I love it.

You gotta love Yes fans. Oh how dare they make Tales From Topographic Oceans, it's too long and bloated and too much repetition! Oh how dare they make Tormato! The songs are too short and have too much crossover appeal. Oh brother. I love EVERY Yes album from the very first self-titled debut to the huge pop crossover behemoth 90125. After that the albums were hit and miss (mostly miss) but Yes was utterly brilliant in how they could reinvent themselves time and time again.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12