Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Elysian Fields - symphonic or crossover?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elysian Fields - symphonic or crossover?
    Posted: August 17 2018 at 08:11

Elysian Fields "Seven Wonders Of The World"

Genre(s): Progressive Rock
Format: digital
Release date: February 26, 2018
Tracklist
1. The Pyramid Of Khufu (6:19)
2. The Walls Of Babylon (7:15)
3. The Statue Of The Olympian Zeus (12:31)
4. The Temple Of Diana (Artemis) (9:46)
5. The Tomb Of King Mausolus (6:07)
6. The Colossus Of Rhodes (4:06)
7. The Pharos Of Alexandria (9:44)

Total Time: 55:48

Line-up
Mark Jeffrey Dye - guitars, bass, keyboards
Andrew Winton - kayboards
Timothy Lewis - vocals

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/elysianfields4

markjdye View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markjdye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2023 at 08:43
The line-up that is listed (Line-up
Mark Jeffrey Dye - guitars, bass, keyboards
Andrew Winton - kayboards
Timothy Lewis - vocals) is incorrect.

The correct line-up is Mark Jeffrey Dye - all instruments and vocals. It is a solo work.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2023 at 10:05
Hello Mark.

Welcome to Progarchives.

This rather briefly written suggestion was overlooked by our evaluation teams, so you are not currently listed in the archives, but you were suggested again in August 2020 here with a bit more detail - a suggestion which I followed up myself back in November this year, adding what information about your projects that I could glean from the Internet.

I certainly believe myself that Elysian Fields belong in the archives, but if the biography that I have added to that later thread is incorrect, it would help matters enormously if you could post a corrected version either here - or preferably in that later, better prepared suggestion thread - for the team(s) to use should either of them decide to follow this suggestion up. Proggnosis already have you listed on their site, but they too list the line-up for the 'Seven Wonders of the World' album as Mark Jeffrey Dye / guitars, bass, keyboards: Andrew Winton / keyboards: Timothy Lewis / vocals.

Thanks for your help with this.

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2023 at 11:53

That font/typography tho! xD Papyrus is a marmitey kinda font for sho and it's easy to screw up your design when you decide upon using it, so proceed with caution. BUt holy shoooot, this is an incredible example of meh graphic design. Never has Papyrus looked this cheap!

EDIT:

Anyway, I listened to some audio samples on YT!
The compositions are actually really nice IMHO and the vocals are surprisingly well performed. The dude has a good vocal timbre which is a huge advantage. Some of the keyboard/MIDI parts, such as the "printed gated reverb" drums and some synth pad/brass textures show their age and bear a bit too much of the Y2K Rompler patch fingerprint though. That isn't a problem but it makes the production sound wayyyyy outdated for 2018.

Edited by Hrychu - December 22 2023 at 12:06
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
 Post Reply Post Reply