Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some shows from the 1970s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Choose any favourites (multiple votes enabled)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [5.56%]
1 [1.85%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [7.41%]
6 [11.11%]
1 [1.85%]
3 [5.56%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.85%]
2 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [3.70%]
7 [12.96%]
11 [20.37%]
2 [3.70%]
5 [9.26%]
2 [3.70%]
2 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 15:15
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

The Rockford Files was the overall best show of the '70s, anyway...

that it was.. well brfore i really became attuned to his movies. .that series made me a James Garner fan. Anothr series i haven't seen in many many years but every week i was tuniing in. 

granted the theme opening was no patch on Barney Miller.. but what was.. perhaps the single greatest in all TV history.. but still pretty cool..

enjoying a trip down memory lane...

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 15:50
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

The Rockford Files was the overall best show of the '70s, anyway...
that it was.. well before i really became attuned to his movies. .that series made me a James Garner fan. Another series i haven't seen in many many years but every week i was tuning in. 

granted the theme opening was no patch on Barney Miller.. but what was.. perhaps the single greatest in all TV history.. but still pretty cool..

enjoying a trip down memory lane...

Pete Carpenter & Mike Post, one of the great commercial music writing teams.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2018 at 08:19
Hi,

I really wish that my English was better than it was at that time ... to give you an example, I graduated from High School in 1969, and it took me almost 9 years to be able to finally get an AA in Santa Barbara, because my English was so bad that I could not get a decent grade on any classes where I had to do some reading. Of course, I did great on Technical Theater classes ... but the rest was hard, and to this day, even Guy Guden has gone out of his way in his blog (and radio show!) to make fun of the stupid and "day-glo portuguese cook", because he could not see, understand, or appreciate the language problems and barriers in place!

Things like I, Claudius and even a bit later the Shogun thing, lost a lot of its glare as I could not understand what was being said, and specially the BBC stuff, that was ALL, the best of the best English Theater folks together showcasing what they did so well!

I've caught up, to many of those things, but the appreciation simply is not the same, and somehow, I am STILL a movie person, not a TV show person ... although many things I did see and remember fondly ... the original show that KS stole with Ian Richardson was one example, and several of the shows that were on the BBC channel once in a while ... like the one about the lord of the lair (something like that), the one about the stewardesses, the first several series of Black Adder, and of course things like Monty Python, that was a bit hard to understand ... I had a much easier time with Firesign Theater, btw, than I did with MP.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2018 at 13:50
Been watching reruns of Space:1999 and though horrid, not so bad when nothing else is on.   Nostalgic as hell.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2018 at 21:01
Space 1999
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2018 at 06:22
I went for Survivors as I loved it when it was first one, however it hasn't aged too well. I bought the DVD, there's an episode when they get surrounded by a pack of "starving" dogs, which is hilarious. Possibly the least threatening pack of dogs ever seen on TV, most of them were asleep.
enigma View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2018 at 13:37
Sapphire and Steel have been assigned

Edited by enigma - October 03 2018 at 13:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12