Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Feedback on a collaboration with a trumpet player
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feedback on a collaboration with a trumpet player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sage.judd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feedback on a collaboration with a trumpet player
    Posted: September 17 2018 at 17:10
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted. I'm a jazz pianist that has dabbled in multi-instrumentalism and mixing rock with jazz for a while. I collaborated recently with a good friend of mine, Josue Estrada, who is a badass trumpet player. I did everything else. We made this song together, I hope you like it! Any feedback or advice is appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/sage_judd/fools-gold-1
sage.judd View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sage.judd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 22:05
https://soundcloud.com/sage_judd/josue-guitar-test-1/s-3b95z

Here is another song I featured the trumpet player on, he did a fantastic job. This one is a bit more tonal, kind of an expression of bittersweet nostalgia. Little less abstract, but he can deliver a melody fantastically. 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 06:25
Might be better if you didn't spam this in 3 different parts of the forum.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 09:14
This is sweet. Very jazzy with a bit of prog.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
sage.judd View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sage.judd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 14:25
You are right, but there are so little ways for my music to gain exposure that I kind of have to or it never gets any concrete feedback and just remains unobserved entirely on soundcloud and bandcamp. Even when I do, the commentary is very minimal. I appreciate the snide comment though, thanks for taking the time to be a bit of a dick because I obviously wasn't aware of the finer nuances and social dynamics of posting something on the internet to share art with my target audience and now I'm an educated man. Can't put a price on seeing the light.
 Post Reply Post Reply