Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Japan: Prog Festivals & Scene?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalfusions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japan: Prog Festivals & Scene?
    Posted: October 13 2018 at 09:00
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the Japanese live music scene. I haven't been able to find much information on current prog music festivals and such in Japan.

I'd like to time a trip there to coincide with a prog festival etc but am not seeing anything other than a few things in the past like the festival of Italian prog which took place there once and some other smaller fests which are no more.

Often you see people say prog has a following in Japan so I'm wondering if I'm missing something. What's the current state of prog there?

Thanks!

Edited by tribalfusions - October 13 2018 at 09:07
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 15:51
I don't know much about it either, but I would really like to know, since I'll be in Japan next year, in late spring.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 16:45
Both of you are going to Japan...color me envious!
 Post Reply Post Reply