Poll Question: Pick your favourite
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
39 [61.90%]
24 [38.10%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 15:47
Going for Zappa on this one
Songs cast a light on you
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 16:36
Originally posted by Kotro Kotro wrote:

Really love PFM, do fell they deserve a lot more credit. But on the other hand... I doubt more than a handful of 20th century musicians will be widely remembered in 200 years, if humans are still around - and I'm pretty sure Uncle Frank will be one of them...

I agree, well said. 
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 16:40
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Turncoat! Hand in your membership card! Your punishment is to listen to Thing Fish, Apostrophe and Waka/Jawaka immediately & write coherent reviews!

Well, making him listen to Thing Fish would be cruel and unusual imo. Even I as a huge Zappa fan wasn't able to make it all the way through that album. But Apostrophe and especially Waka/Jawaka he should enjoy, and I look forward to reading those reviews from him. 
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 18:44
PFM is wonderful yet I was so sad when Focus lost in their midst. I can take heart now because I would have had to turn around and vote against Focus in favor of Zappa. So, okay. To sum up.

Zappa > Focus > PFM

A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 19:17
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Turncoat! Hand in your membership card! Your punishment is to listen to Thing Fish, Apostrophe and Waka/Jawaka immediately & write coherent reviews!

Well, making him listen to Thing Fish would be cruel and unusual imo. Even I as a huge Zappa fan wasn't able to make it all the way through that album. But Apostrophe and especially Waka/Jawaka he should enjoy, and I look forward to reading those reviews from him. 

pfffff...  what Uncle Ian has here.. is good case of bad memory... I was already stripped of my card when I admitted to loving a certain particular kick ass group. Besides...  Micky is a club of one yes sir....

really this all this Rio-Avant fan... and generic unprogressive group fanboy conflict  is all..   I'll let the song say it. all. It's just music...  you are losing out if you can't dig all kinds of music...

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 20:45
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

pfffff...  what Uncle Ian has here.. is good case of bad memory... I was already stripped of my card when I admitted to loving a certain particular kick ass group. Besides...  Micky is a club of one yes sir....

really this all this Rio-Avant fan... and generic unprogressive group fanboy conflict  is all..   I'll let the song say it. all. It's just music...  you are losing out if you can't dig all kinds of music...

I agree with you about people losing out if they can't dig all kinds of music. I love both the Rio-Avant stuff and the classic 70's symphonic prog. The ONLY music I don't listen to is stuff like death metal, or with straight up 'evil' content. Not putting down anyone who does, more power to them in fact(as long as it's not inspiring them to go out and commit crimes or abuse animals or anything like that). But yeah other than that I'll pretty much listen to and usually enjoy almost anything. 
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 03:05
I certainly prefer some death metal growling over some of the avant stuff I have listened to. I reckon too much exposure to Zheule will make you sniff your grandmas tea towels....
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 03:16
Haha!
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 05:51
Poll's over. Frank Zappa advances to the finals. Final score: 28-18
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 12:56

you are losing out if you can't dig all kinds of music...

Like... Camel? Tongue
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 13:12
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

you are losing out if you can't dig all kinds of music...

Like... Camel? Tongue

Aye. People whinging about narrow-minded attacks on the music they like... whilst narrow-mindedly sl*g.ing off a truly classic band like Camel....
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2018 at 21:17
^ Or Van Der Graaf Generator... or Genesis...
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2018 at 00:25
Aye Prog is a Broad Church....Hang on, There is a drama in every statement...
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2018 at 02:26
Zappa on this one, but PFM is top-tier Italian prog (and prog in general)!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2020 at 12:28
Zappa
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12