0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Films scored by Giorgio Moroder
    Posted: November 24 2018 at 09:49
There are some others that I could have mentioned, but I got the big ones and some more. Vote for the film.

Giorgio Moroder Presents Metropolis is a reconstruction of the 1927 film, Metropolis.

Originally posted by wikipedia wikipedia wrote:

in 1984 Giorgio Moroder restored and produced the 80-minute 1984 re-release, which had a pop soundtrack written by Moroder and performed by Moroder, Pat Benatar, Bonnie Tyler, Jon Anderson, Adam Ant, Cycle V, Loverboy, Billy Squier, and Freddie Mercury.

I would imagine that Scarface will get the most votes, and it's one I like very much, but Midnight Express has remained one of my very favourite films since I saw it as a youngster (it's the first film I saw on my families first VCR methinks, and the second was Outland with Sean Connery). That film still moves me and has become part of my DNA. I also like that version of Cat People very much, and enjoy The Neverending Story (though not as much as the kid's fantasy film The Dark Crystal).

Edited by Logan - November 24 2018 at 11:48
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 10:53
Giorgio's composed some killer scores, the best ones being (IMO) Midnight Express, Scarface (still waiting for a proper release of all his music for that) and The Cat People being the best scores, and also the three best films from your poll (I voted for the last one, since nobody else likely will).

Also: Giorgio didn't score Superman III. That's Ken Thorne, who just got a box set reissue of his complete Superman II & III scores.

Harold Faltermeyer composed the musical score for Top Gun. He also collaborated with Steve Stevens on the "Top Gun Anthem." Faltermeyer being Moroder's protégé, the latter did collaborate with Berlin, Kenny Loggins, Teena Marie, Cheap Trick and some others for the songs.

P.S. Thief Of Hearts really should be a part of the poll. Any way to swap out Superman III?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 11:44
Sure, can do. I used various sources to see which he had scored, but errors get replicated. I could have stopped at Midnight Express, Scarface and Cat People as those the ones here that I really love.

Edited by Logan - November 24 2018 at 11:45
 Post Reply Post Reply