Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random Gobbledygook on Posts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Gobbledygook on Posts
    Posted: February 01 2019 at 08:02
Hello all, newbie here

I keep getting these random strings of text at the end of my posts that looks like a bunch of technical gobbledygook, and I can't get rid of it even by editing my posts after the fact. This post will probably have some too. Am I doing something wrong? What's the deal with it?

Edited by Midori - February 01 2019 at 09:20
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2019 at 08:33
This kind of thing has happened to various people, including myself over the years. In my case I removed the security software. Sometimes using a different browser can work or doing your updates can work.

"BitDefender", security software, injects/inserts that JavaScript code. {'etdefender/huidhui.js"}

I disabled the WYSIWYG post editor in your Member Control Panel, and that should stop the code's insertion. By the way, I disabled that in my Prog Archives settings many years ago for the same reason.

Edited by Logan - February 01 2019 at 08:42
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Midori View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2019 at 09:19
I've done all of those things, so we'll see how it turns out?

EDIT: Hey, it worked. Thanks!

Edited by Midori - February 01 2019 at 09:19
 Post Reply Post Reply