Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - offer 300 euros for genesis songbook completebass
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

offer 300 euros for genesis songbook completebass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: offer 300 euros for genesis songbook completebass
    Posted: February 14 2019 at 17:16
Genesis Complete Bass Parts 1972-1977
unofficial publication from the Netherlands. Includes lyrics and bass lines for many old Genesis songs. 103 pages!!! No catalog number.

Someone have this book in digital file (pdf) o sell me physical book copy?

300 euros for songbook with shipping cost
100 euros for scanner e_book

Edited by Gulliver - March 19 2019 at 09:07
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2019 at 18:20
Your yellow print is impossible to read on this site.

This is what it says without the yellow print:

Genesis Complete Bass Parts 1972-1977,
unofficial publication from the Netherlands. Includes lyrics and bass lines for many old Genesis songs. 103 pages!!! No catalog number.

Someone have this book in digital file (pdf) o sell me physical book copy?

Edited by Easy Money - February 14 2019 at 18:24
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2019 at 06:08
I hate to say it, but for a thousand euros, I'd be much more tempted to actually learn the bass parts from the records. Or even look on tab sites, if that proves a bit too difficult. 

This is why leaning to improvise or work out songs from listening to records is always the way to go when learning an instrument. 

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2019 at 06:19
Originally posted by Davesax1965 Davesax1965 wrote:

I hate to say it, but for a thousand euros, I'd be much more tempted to actually learn the bass parts from the records. Or even look on tab sites, if that proves a bit too difficult. 

This is why leaning to improvise or work out songs from listening to records is always the way to go when learning an instrument. 

I agree, but Rutherford does play some complex bass lines that are sometimes buried in the mix, so that's going to be a tricky job.
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2019 at 07:53
You'll still be able to work it out from the song key at that point. If not, well !!! Improvise. ;-)

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2019 at 07:17
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I agree, but Rutherford does play some complex bass lines that are sometimes buried in the mix, so that's going to be a tricky job.

This is a tough area ... at the time, there were a lot of bass guitarists that were making their name, and they were all complex, strange, weird, off their rocker ... you name it, and it helped develop the music to a great extent. It's almost like saying/thinking that Chris Squire did not create/do complex bass lines, many of which most players STILL do not like to try and learn ... but then, are you suggesting that Stanley Clarke did not have the complex bass lines in his work? And that others in Europe did not have that ability? Holger Czukay even quit playing the bass because he thought it was too limiting to his classical music learning ... and there would be at least 10 to 15 of these folks in England that we do not talk about! I guess the guy in Jethro Tull is worthless! I guess that Greg Lake is more of a stooge and statue than player.

Just give me that money and I will take a couple of lessons from Dave and then give you a book! I promise it will only have one note per page, and the rest of each page will be white ... so you have plenty of room to add your own "noodling".

Tongue

Wink
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2019 at 08:33
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

This is a tough area ... at the time, there were a lot of bass guitarists that were making their name, and they were all complex, strange, weird, off their rocker ... you name it, and it helped develop the music to a great extent. It's almost like saying/thinking that Chris Squire did not create/do complex bass lines, many of which most players STILL do not like to try and learn ... but then, are you suggesting that Stanley Clarke did not have the complex bass lines in his work? And that others in Europe did not have that ability? Holger Czukay even quit playing the bass because he thought it was too limiting to his classical music learning ... and there would be at least 10 to 15 of these folks in England that we do not talk about! I guess the guy in Jethro Tull is worthless! I guess that Greg Lake is more of a stooge and statue than player.

Have I missed something here? What makes you think I was suggesting anything about Clarke, Lake or anyone else?
 Post Reply Post Reply