2 [11.76%]
6 [35.29%]
1 [5.88%]
6 [35.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disney: The Golden Age (1937-1942)
    Posted: February 28 2019 at 16:57
Pick your favourite.

Since I'm sure Fantasia will take this one, I'll go with Pinocchio (how creepy was that Stromboli scumbag, right?)
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2019 at 20:18
Strictly from an artistic standpoint, went with Bambi. The impressionism of Tyrus Wong's background forest scenes are incredible. Also Pinocchio, which had some incredible illustration (the waves crashing as Monstro the whale dives, for instance).
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2019 at 22:32
Dumbo -psychadelic, cute, covers some strong themes, have also different animators then from the rest of the Golden Age movies, the Silly Symphony animators.

Edited by Icarium - March 01 2019 at 00:17
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2019 at 02:11
never saw Dumlbo in full, and I waited until my 20's to see Fantasia, but they're all classics., IMHO..
I remember crying after Bambi's mom got killed

Edited by Sean Trane - March 01 2019 at 02:16
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2019 at 02:16
The character i see myself mostly as is Papa Dwarf, i also swap words in sentances as a speech dependance. He probably have dyslexia.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2019 at 14:11
Fantasia is pretty experimental

Edited by Icarium - March 01 2019 at 14:11
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2019 at 16:01
Bambi just inched out Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2019 at 16:36
My favourite is Fantasia here....The dancing mushrooms never fail to make me just about hysterical.  
Although Bambi is my favourite book of all time, and a lot of the animation is really beautiful, I have always felt that Disney over-sweetened the story.  Yep, read the book, they did make it very saccharine in comparison. The book is devastating.

Edited by Snicolette - March 01 2019 at 16:37
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2019 at 13:42
Tough call between Snow White and Bambi.  I ultimately settled on Bambi, but not by much.  
 Post Reply Post Reply