1 [8.33%]
1 [8.33%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disney: The Renaissance era (1989-1999)
    Posted: March 04 2019 at 15:42
Pick your favourite. This is the last Disney period I'm going to cover since I don't care very much for most of Disney recent films.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2019 at 17:14
Beauty and the Beast is the best one. But many of those are stellar. Hunchback in Notre Dame is second, very Powerfull. So Mulan on 3rd.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2019 at 20:22
"I use antlers in all my decorating...'

That still cracks me up.

So, Beauty and the Beast. I might have said The Lion King, but my daughter watched that movie every day for a year when she was four. I ended up hiding the DVD. It's still buried under boxes in the basement.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2019 at 00:06
Its interesting that the Rescuers Downn Under is the only disney sequal that have that status as 'classic'.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2019 at 07:52
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Beauty and the Beast is the best one. But many of those are stellar. Hunchback in Notre Dame is second, very Powerfull. So Mulan on 3rd.

Considering your avatar, I might have expected Aladdin to get a specific mention.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2019 at 08:11
It is forth
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2019 at 09:22

Usually the Beauty And The Beast-Aladdin-Lion King trio get the most recognition in forums/threads related to this Disney era.

But I agree on the fact that the Hunchback Of Notre Dame and Mulan deserve equal or similar praise as well.

Technically, they are both filled with stellar moments, such as Mulan's snow battle. The portrayal of Notre Dame's cathedral in "The Hunch Back..." is something that stands out as well. The Hunch Back also has one of the most badass Disney villains in Frollo. A real scumbag.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2019 at 11:20
Originally posted by Morningrise Morningrise wrote:

Usually the Beauty And The Beast-Aladdin-Lion King trio get the most recognition in forums/threads related to this Disney era.

But I agree on the fact that the Hunchback Of Notre Dame and Mulan deserve equal or similar praise as well.

Technically, they are both filled with stellar moments, such as Mulan's snow battle. The portrayal of Notre Dame's cathedral in "The Hunch Back..." is something that stands out as well. The Hunch Back also has one of the most badass Disney villains in Frollo. A real scumbag.
my favourite scenes in Notre Dame is the intro song with the Trickster, hes intro song is the best, i also love Quazimodos entry song, super epic and Frollos very dramatic song of mulestation is grand.

The first film i ever owned and saw is Little Mermaid, so that movie is special.

The work-out song in Mulan is amazing, one of rhe best disney songs. Also Christina Aguilera 'kills' it with My Reflection. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-XONxvdq4Y

Edited by Icarium - March 05 2019 at 11:25
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2019 at 11:59

Its interesting that the Rescuers Downn Under is the only disney sequal that have that status as 'classic'.

I think it's one of the few sequels released by Walt Disney Animation Studios (Fantasia 2000 is another).

All the other sequels, such as The Return Of Jafar, Lion King 2, etc were released by Disney Toon Studios.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2019 at 17:11
A seacret ingredience to Disney Renessiance is the genious of Howard Ashman whom sadly died of AIDS before the release of Aladdin which had hes last sparkle of imput

Edited by Icarium - March 05 2019 at 17:13
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2019 at 17:32
Lion King all the way. I'm pretty sure I saw it 3 times summer of 1994.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2019 at 13:46
C'mon... no votes for Hercules?

Easily the greatest Disney ever!  

James Woods improved half his lines and the result is brilliant!  Great tunes to. So underrated. 
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2019 at 14:36
I was never a big Disney fan as a kid. I did see some of the newer ones when my kids were growing up. Went with Aladdin, Robin Williams as the genie was awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply