Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fave Track -King Crimson-Lizard (1970)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Fave Track -King Crimson-Lizard (1970)?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [40.82%]
2 [4.08%]
1 [2.04%]
1 [2.04%]
25 [51.02%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2020 at 03:57
Really love the whole album, but Cirkus has always been my fav.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2020 at 04:24
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Really love the whole album, but Cirkus has always been my fav.

Same here.
Foxprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2020 at 09:23
Lizard is my favourite KC along with Starless...

Cirkus is also really, really good.

Lady of... is a great ballad too but not as good as many others (Cadence and cascade, I talk to the wind, The night watch).
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2020 at 14:30
Circus.....but not by much.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2020 at 14:40
for me it's Cirkus by quite a bit, though "Prince Rupert Awakes", the first part of Lizard, is my second favourite and Bolero third
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2020 at 15:38
The Bolero is a standout moment but I think the whole suite that it belongs to shines. The other songs are good but don't really come close to the title track in my opinion.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2020 at 01:16
Cirkus really, really hits the nail on the head for me. I think it might be my overall favorite still. I can't get enough of the haunting melodies and vocal delivery, of which, from what I read, most don't care for lol. "Force fed on stale chalk ate the floors of their cages..." "Run for the door the ringmaster shouting "ALL THE FUN OF THE CIR-KUS!!!!"

The other lines that are constantly in my head this week are "As you ride through the parlor, wearing nothing but your armor; playing INDOOR GAMES!", "As you sulk in the sauna 'cause you lost your jigsaw corner' playing INDOOR GAMES; INDOOR GAMES!"

....HIGH BENDER-TRENDER IT'S ALL INDOOR GAMES!!!

Edited by Frenetic Zetetic - January 14 2020 at 01:16

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2020 at 01:46
Really tough to choose, as only Dancing Waters and Big Top are easily eliminated.

Obviously Lizard and Rupert & Glass Tears are absolute marvels, but TBH, my vote went for one of the two tracks on the A-side that didn't get votes. Love Happy Family and Indoor Games as much as Cirkus.
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 14:35
Indoor and Happy should have been instrumentals. Haskell doesn’t suit these at all. They just sound silly. Love the other 3 songs though
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 21:52
Cirkus and it's not even close. The best track on a meh album
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2020 at 21:53
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Really tough to choose, as only Dancing Waters and Big Top are easily eliminated.

Obviously Lizard and Rupert & Glass Tears are absolute marvels, but TBH, my vote went for one of the two tracks on the A-side that didn't get votes. Love Happy Family and Indoor Games as much as Cirkus.

Big Top is a part of the Lizard suite
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12