Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Criminally underrated albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 13:08
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

24. Tale Cue's only album.

You must be the only other guy here who likes this album! LOL

I've loved it for, wow, the nearly thirty years it's existed. They only have one other rare release, a four-song cassette EP titled Four Tales.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 13:16
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

I tend to think more obscure albums are the most underrated ones and that may be because they aren't readily available. It would probably take me the better part of a day to list these, but here are a couple dozen of examples:

Not only that but there are some things that should be standard by now, and aren't ... the most glaring one?

AMAZON in the UK ... I can not buy anything in there, in America! Plain and simple, the card gets turned down ... and things like this show a lack of appreciation and understanding for the "world market" ... as well as that countries continuous desire to not have a more open market share ... what is harder to believe is that the idiots in the Parliament and in government are denying sales to their own constituents ... which is a benefit to their economy ... and nobody in England says anything ... and you really think that BrexBS is going to make this better?

Good luck ... in essence this is a currency exchange problem that one hoped the Euro had improved in Europe, but it really didn't ... by comparison I can pretty much buy any CD from Japan ... so let's look at who is the one hurting its own artists!

Likewise, I've noticed in the last year or two, CDs from Europe have really skyrocketed on Amazon in the U.S. It isn't clear to me if this is a result of Trump's "trade wars" or not. Right now 1 U.S. dollar = 0.88 Euros, so I don't know what is causing this, but it's led me to pause and wait to see if the price goes down or seek it out somewhere else. I've had better luck buying directly from the bands themselves on Bandcamp and I hope these purchases have benefited the bands more than it would buying it elsewhere. 
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 13:20
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

24. Tale Cue's only album.

You must be the only other guy here who likes this album! LOL

I've loved it for, wow, the nearly thirty years it's existed. They only have one other rare release, a four-song cassette EP titled Four Tales.

Indeed, it's a great album that I discovered around 1996, five years after it came out. Thumbs Up
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 14:47
Originally posted by maryes maryes wrote:

Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Unfortunately, most reviews are based on personal taste and opinions, and that's what counts for most (not all of course) people who buys music. I personally don't care about the ratings that much. I've found many albums that are considered "Not that Good" to be quite enjoyable for myself, and that's the only thing that ultimately matters.

I agree with you when you said " I personally don't care about the ratings that much. I've found many albums that are considered "Not that Good" to be quite enjoyable for myself, and that's the only thing that ultimately matters"

That is the point ! Some albums receive a high cotation in PA and some others no  but..  This is only a reference. Although can be a good guide, only after an audience (or more) I can make my judgement !!!

Thank you, I completely agree with you. Your personal experience is what really counts, not what others say.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2019 at 06:16

I've had better luck buying directly from the bands themselves on Bandcamp and I hope these purchases have benefited the bands more than it would buying it elsewhere. 

Can't ... have been trying to get some stuff from the BBC, and along with Amazon UK, they will not allow sales to the outside, at least America that I am aware of. I can't get a single THE GOONS CD from there at all, and there is no one willing to get them and send them, which I can pay back with an international money order! Can't even do that on Amazon UK and the BBC.

And they want to BreakXit? Absolutely insane, and I think that their economy is gonna go to heck and then some ... and it will be left to all the artists to pull down the government!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123