1 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [9.09%]
5 [45.45%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 02:23
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I hate this one ... sad as it may be.

It would have to happen in a place where the significance of its existence is the most important part of it, and that could be, natural resources, or simply, the history.

Right now, I think there is only one place for this, but I am hopeful that both religions come to the table together and stop all this atrocity, including the fundamentalism interpreting something completely out of context with the whole thing.

In an over populated world, I'm not sure that there is a proper answer to this poll or question, as there are too many choices and opportunities, but I got to tell you ... I really do not want to see another Guernica outside my window ... and that is EXACTLY what we are asking for, otherwise!

The religious aspect is a layer of complication, which I think may be irreconcilable. I think religious and cultural difference may be a catalyst in a global conflict, but I don't think will be the root cause.

Religious fundamentalism is also a blurred grey area. Different commentators have different ideas around what constitutes fundamentalism, and the line at which conservative religious views, turn into extremist views. Moral relativism comes into play. For instance, in Islam homsosexuality is regarded as an abomination and is forbidden. By western standards that's an extremist view, but in Islam it's a mainstream view, even if the vast majority of Muslims probably wouldn't wish actual harm on a gay man (although there's no scientifc way of validating that assumption) It's the same throughout all Abrahamic religions. Religion is underpinned by a need to control the flock.

In any case, we have seen how factions within Islam are played off against each other by US and Russian proxies, and the Middle East is arguably the most likely powder keg for a third world war, with a former Soviet state being in very close second place. I imagine Russia would be less likely to to want the immediate action on its own doorstep.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 02:52
I don't see religion as a likely cause of a world war. A regional war, yes, but the most countries in the world (USA, China, Europe) are not sufficiently fundamentalist to start a world war purely over religion.

For me "religious extremism" is the point at which you no longer tolerate any view that differs to your own, and you believe that those with alternative views should be eliminated.
Songs cast a light on you
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 04:17
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,
I hate this one ... sad as it may be.

It would have to happen in a place where the significance of its existence is the most important part of it, and that could be, natural resources, or simply, the history.

Right now, I think there is only one place for this, but I am hopeful that both religions come to the table together and stop all this atrocity, including the fundamentalism interpreting something completely out of context with the whole thing.

In an over populated world, I'm not sure that there is a proper answer to this poll or question, as there are too many choices and opportunities, but I got to tell you ... I really do not want to see another Guernica outside my window ... and that is EXACTLY what we are asking for, otherwise!

The religious aspect is a layer of complication, which I think may be irreconcilable. I think religious and cultural difference may be a catalyst in a global conflict, but I don't think will be the root cause.

Religious fundamentalism is also a blurred grey area. Different commentators have different ideas around what constitutes fundamentalism, and the line at which conservative religious views, turn into extremist views. Moral relativism comes into play. For instance, in Islam homsosexuality is regarded as an abomination and is forbidden. By western standards that's an extremist view, but in Islam it's a mainstream view, even if the vast majority of Muslims probably wouldn't wish actual harm on a gay man (although there's no scientifc way of validating that assumption) It's the same throughout all Abrahamic religions. Religion is underpinned by a need to control the flock.

In any case, we have seen how factions within Islam are played off against each other by US and Russian proxies, and the Middle East is arguably the most likely powder keg for a third world war, with a former Soviet state being in very close second place. I imagine Russia would be less likely to to want the immediate action on its own doorstep.

I don't see religion as being the first cause for WW3, though it will definitely be sparking it, in case it's in the Middle-East or Africa...

However if it would start in the Far East (Spratley Islands), I can't see this developing into a global war... whatever China will do will probably remain at the economic sanction levels, and certainly not be religion-related (unless the Moro of Philippines, Brunei and other start to act up their muslim faith against the theoretically religion-less Chinese or Vietnamese regimes. Though the Rohingas problem in Burma could spark some reactions. Also never underestimate that Indonesia is the biggest muslim country in the world and Malaysia is a muslim-predominant country as well.  

BTW, about homos, right now, in those parts of the planet cited above, they're mostly content of driving their homos into exiles (into the west), but I suspect that's only for the males, because most likely they will force the would-be lesbians into strong and strenuous maternity planning.  

Imperial Zeppelin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imperial Zeppelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 10:23
In the future
"Hey there, Dog Man, now I drink from your bowl."
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 16:33
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

However if it would start in the Far East (Spratley Islands), I can't see this developing into a global war... whatever China will do will probably remain at the economic sanction levels, and certainly not be religion-related (unless the Moro of Philippines, Brunei and other start to act up their Muslim faith against the theoretically religion-less Chinese or Vietnamese regimes. 

My thoughts are that if China starts and promotes any of these conflicts, it will cause the end of China as we know it, and it will be broken into 5 or 6 separate countries .... 

I'm not sure that any country these days, can support a major conflict and continue its day to day affairs ... only the smaller countries, that might have less to lose will do this .... but I think that America and Russia understand this, specially as Russia has already been broken up for spreading itself to thin, and way too much corruption all around. This is my guess ... I won't try to even consider an outline for it all ... it's impossible!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2019 at 10:34
halfchan /pol/ predicts Israel false flag tomorrow
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 09:06
Brexit not on the list Tongue Wink
CYMRU AM BYTH
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2019 at 09:07
many believe it will start Cyber not by actual weapons Shocked
CYMRU AM BYTH
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2019 at 02:56
Originally posted by PROGMAN PROGMAN wrote:

many believe it will start Cyber not by actual weapons Shocked

A cyber attack is arguably an act of war. The UN may now even document it as such, although I suspect there are constant 'small' cyber attacks being carried out all the time, by all nations capable of doing it!

I still think the most likely flashpoint will be the Middle East, probably Iran.

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12