Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My cover of Jarre's Arpegiator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My cover of Jarre's Arpegiator
    Posted: January 18 2020 at 11:27
I am pleased to release my cover of Jean Michel Jarre's Arpegiator. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

I started this project 25 years ago with a Casio keyboard, a PC MIDI interface, and a Turtle Beach sound card (which featured the EMU Proteus 1XR synthesizer chip set). Then my career, graduate studies, engagement & marriage, and moving house all pushed it to the back burner. The equipment eventually became obsolete and disappeared.

After retirement, I got an Arturia Mini, Arturia Analog Lab, and Cakewalk Sonar X3 to play with. I thought I had lost my Arpegiator MIDI files from 25 years before, but I found them on an old set of PC backups -- still with the original DOS filenames in all caps! So I decided to brush off the dust and complete (at least to my satisfaction) the project I started so many years before. Maybe I'll work on an improved release once I get some better VSTs, and develop some musical skills beyond that of an amateur hack.

Post Reply Post Reply