Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jethro Tull 1968-1979

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Which album do you like best??
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [1.35%]
8 [10.81%]
4 [5.41%]
14 [18.92%]
23 [31.08%]
6 [8.11%]
1 [1.35%]
4 [5.41%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [8.11%]
5 [6.76%]
2 [2.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timeaisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2020 at 13:05
Not enough Minstrel in the Gallery love here. Easily my favorite JT album.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2022 at 09:36
bump!
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2022 at 09:38
Thanks for bumping. Aqualung for me.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2022 at 09:39
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Thanks for bumping. Aqualung for me.

Thumbs Up
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2022 at 09:52
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Always been Benefit ..though Stand Up and Aqualung come close......also love SFTW..but all of those listed have good points .
As much as I like Tull I have always wondered why so many think TAAB is so great....I consider myself a Tull fan...and to me with only two songs and the second side being basically a repeat theme of the first, it simply doesn't hold up all the way.
Agree with everyting here. I still think TAAB is pretty great though. It's just that I've often "had my fill" when the A-side ends (because it does get a bit samey).
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2022 at 10:34
Heavy Horses just above Songs from the Wood for nostalgic reasons. Followed by TAAB, Minstrel and Benefit. I don't care for the rest. Not even Aqualung, except for the title track and Locomotive Breath. 
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2022 at 13:13

certainly Aqualung
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
EduTatsumi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EduTatsumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2022 at 17:19
Thick as a Brick
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2022 at 18:34
Songs from the wood   make me feel better
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2022 at 19:53
Minstrel. My first and favorite Tull.
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2022 at 22:31
I've never been that enamoured by most of Tull's albums, but I do think that Heavy Horses is excellent 
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2022 at 09:59
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Always been Benefit ..though Stand Up and Aqualung come close......also love SFTW..but all of those listed have good points .
As much as I like Tull I have always wondered why so many think TAAB is so great....I consider myself a Tull fan...and to me with only two songs and the second side being basically a repeat theme of the first, it simply doesn't hold up all the way.
Agree with everyting here. I still think TAAB is pretty great though. It's just that I've often "had my fill" when the A-side ends (because it does get a bit samey).

I feel the same way...after side 1 I'm ready to listen to other Tull music.
I have always felt that Anderson and early Tull stood out in the 'shorter songs' and not the longer 'prog pieces' like TAAB and PP.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2022 at 10:55
Probably expressed before, but the lack of love for APP is astonishing to me.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234