Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Albatross" by Long Tall J

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Tall J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Albatross" by Long Tall J
    Posted: April 16 2020 at 05:49
Hi everybody!

I love to introduce my debut album called "Albatross" by Long Tall J. I am a Dutch guitar player living in London and am into writing and recording my own music purely for the love of it. I am a big fan of giants like Steven Wilson, Steve Hacket, Gilmour and Camel. Marillion is amazing and I am the Morning is such a discovery!

The Album has ten tracks and while some tracks are slightly more rock style overall the feel is very Prog. The melody is always there in the music. I made several cooperations as well. Two tracks feature a great new talent from Ukraine being vocalist Amariia and the track "Chernobyl" has a voice actor (Martin Mens) from Holland narrating the story. 

On my website there is a wealth of information about the music that I make. Every project has its own Project page that includes a link to the Sound Cloud player. Two recent projects are very PROG: they are titled "The Thunberg Effect" and "Star". They will be included on the second CD that I hope to release early next year. 

On the free CD of PROG Magazine Nr 108 (April) my track "Epic" was included. It is a long and winding Prog piece that is an epic journey into Prog land. 

The album is streaming on Apple Music, ITunes, Spotify etc. 

Hope you enjoy all the good of Prog!
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 20:54
Wow, thanks. I also just listened to your first release and wow! Some tracks are just sublime. 

You really do have Dave Gilmour, Steve Rothery and Jeff Beck merged together, especially on the track Rene! 

The track Time indeed is a track to take seriously as an epic!  
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
Long Tall J View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Tall J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 15:19
Thank you so much Tigerfeet that is most appreciated. The new album 2020 with 11 tracks was partially created under Lockdown.   
In the new Prog Magazine in January I post an A4 ad which is really exciting for me and on the free Prog CD in February (117) and April (119) there will be a track.
The new album is to be obtained via the webshop, Bandcamp or via streaming like Spotify and Apple. I am planning to release my third album by the end of 2021 or early 2022. Regards LTJ.
 Post Reply Post Reply