Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playlist,Ranting And Random Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2023 at 02:01
Well I’ve not been posting anything on Progarchives for ages. Due to a lack of interest in doing anything. So there it is then.
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2023 at 01:30
Well what an absolute busy time of late. Mostly painting the garden fence panels and re-grouting the front block pathways and I did get some time to listen to some music.

On Cds:
The Complete Richard Wagner Operas (44 cds)
On Vinyl:
Charles Bradley No Time For Dreaming/Victim Of Love
The Answer Sundowners
Thunder Backstreet Symphony/Behind Closed Doors/ Laughter On Judgement Day

That’s about it phew!

Music Is Live

<
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2023 at 21:22
Just blocked another AI art supporter on FB! Man, these idiots keep on coming!
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2024 at 00:17
I’m back

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2024 at 01:14
The older I get the more I don’t want to know…

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2024 at 13:00
Ukrainian National Opera performed Madama Butterfly was my first Opera of 2024 at my local theatre yesterday evening. Spellbinding.

Today’s day trip to Hayling Island was as always incredible. The atmosphere of nostalgic musical memories was three albums by Genesis in the running order of Trespass, Foxtrot & Selling England By The Pound magical!!!!

Music Is Live

<
Jacob Schoolcraft View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2024 at 20:42
Today I spent the day rearranging rooms and listening to Electronic Music on the stereo. I started off with Edgar Varese, Pierre Henry, John Cage and George Crumb...which were obviously not complete Electronic but it led me down that path.

I drifted into the BBC RADIOPHONIC recordings of Daphne Oram and Delia Derbyshire. Daphne Oram 2-cd set titled Oramics is some of the darkest Electronic Music I've heard. It's more in the direction of insanity. Music for the insane...another overrated marketing term for compilation cds. Although it does create that vibe of insanity. Gentle Giant had that affect on "An Inmates Lullabye"...Sections of her pieces have similarities to early recordings by The Residents. There is a photograph of a creepy looking house on the cd booklet. Where she built a studio ( I believe?)

Delia Derbyshire affected me immensely...the way she used sound generators and several tape recorders...cutting tapes and producing Synthesizer sounds in the early 60s before Bob Moog marketed the Moog Synthesizer. I listened to THE DREAMS by Delia Derbyshire and Barry Bermage . The Ambient darkscapes she produces for that project resurfaced through the music of Brian Eno. Many of her ideas were borrowed by other people for a different vision. She was highly influential to other artists...The Beatles, Pink Floyd..

I then played Terry Riley Rainbow In Curved Air which to me is timeless. Beaver And Krause, Ruth White, Wendy Carlos, Mort Garson...and eventually playing Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, ASH Ra Tempel, Popol Vuh, Pauline Anna Strom, Free System Projekt , Michael Hoenig, Ingram Marshall and David Bedford..falling asleep on the rug during Instructions For Angel's.

Not feeling interested in current events in the world . Just living in a dream world. All the experiences I had in music seemed controlled by others. Very criminal. Very manipulative. Music is better now because I go back to my roots when I was a child and first hearing Switched On Bach in 3rd grade. Having an understanding for that concept as a child. Having parents that were both musicians and realizing that music is not about confinement to someone else's wishes. Someone that wants you for your abilities so they can control you and gain popularity by showing you off in front of audiences. One path...one way...a phony situation...music has no barriers. People act like it's a red flag to not trust management. That it's a slippery slope for your band to not tow the line. That you should agree with the act of being a criminal. No..no that's not a red flag or a slippery slope. You see that's called REASONING
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2024 at 12:13
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2024 at 12:36
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

😃
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2024 at 12:59
You can see the image! Sweet! That means I can now use Newgrounds Dump to hotlink pictures on the PA forums. B) I ran out of space on the built-in PA file area and Dropbox hosted images didn't show up at all over here. But I'm glad I finally found a solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105