Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Theories In The Absence Of Definition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sebior86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Theories In The Absence Of Definition
    Posted: May 25 2020 at 03:29
A warm hello from Neuss am Rhein,

My name is Sebastian Schleicher and I wanted to ask you for an introduction to my recently released album. It is called: "Theories in the Absence of Definition" and is a compilation of songs that has been going on for many years.

The whole work was arranged, recorded, mixed and produced by myself. All instruments as well as the vocals are from my pen. But for drums, keys and bass I was able to gain great amplification and finally make it what it has become.

I can also send you a CD as a thank you, but I have also attached a Bandcamp link. I hope that the information is sufficient and I will hear from you.

Bandcamp: https://sebastianschleicher.bandcamp.com/

About the release:

Theories In The Absence Of Definition
It took many years. With this collection of songs a very important chapter in my life shall finally find a conclusion.
This shorter album or longer EP, has been created in cooperation with many great musicians from the past years. Originally two of the songs are from the time with my first big band "Beside", where both of them never really fitted into the repertoire. I always knew that they needed a special place and should be released in their own light.

The title of the CD "Theories In The Absence Of Definition" carries the name of one of the pieces and thus also forms the heart of this CD. For me it is also the most important piece, because I personally connect it strongly with my father. The original version was musically co-developed by Kai Steckmann, who still belonged to the first line-up of "Beside" and wrote the lyrics and the vocal melody in addition to the concise bass lines. In the later line-up with Chris Herb on touch guitar and Tom Johansen on vocals some changes were made which finally resulted in the basis of this final version. Basically it's a big piece of work, which consists of three parts and thus connects two single songs by a longer solo stretch.

The second song from the "Beside" period is "Find Me". It...  more
credits
released April 1, 2020

1. Find me

vocals, guitars, backings by: Sebastian Schleicher
phone call: Tom Johannsen
bass (touch guitar) by: Chris Herb
Keys by: Karsten Mroszczok
Drums by: Dennis Degen

Lyrics by: Tom Johannsen

Arrangements by: Sebastian Schleicher

Written (2012) by: Sebastian Schleicher, Dennis Degen, Marcel Ackermann

2. The sky must be the limit

Vocals, guitars, bass, backings by: Sebastian Schleicher
Keys by: Karsten Mroszczok

Lyrics by: Kai Steckmann

Written (2017) by: Sebastian Schleicher

Theories in the absence of definition
3. Theories (part 1)
4. Solo (part 2)
5. In the absence of definition (part 3)

vocals, guitars, backings by: Sebastian Schleicher
bass (touch guitar) by: Chris Herb
Keys by: Karsten Mroszczok & Marcel Ackermann

Lyrics by: Kai Steckmann & Tom Johannsen

Written (2009) by: Sebastian Schleicher, Dennis Degen, Marcel Ackermann, Kai Steckmann

Recorded by: Sebastian Schleicher

Produced & mixed: Sebastian Schleicher
www.sebischleicher.de

Mastered: Eroc
www.eroc.de

Artwork: Distorted Designs
www.distorteddesigns.de

all rights reserved

I would be very happy about a positive message from you!
Stay healthy!
Sebastian Schleicher  
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 03:57
I really liked both the Find Me and the Sky Must be the Limit tracks, especially the novel way you spliced vocal samples into the music. Reminded me strongly of Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson in places. However, the album title: Theories In the Absence of Definition might alienate more than a few mainstream rock fans Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply