Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it legal/kosher to have multiple accounts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2020 at 06:15
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

What is really bizarre about him is he gives different ratings to the same album. 
Multiple personality disorder is a real thing. Unfortunately.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2020 at 07:15
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

What is really bizarre about him is he gives different ratings to the same album. 

Prog will do that to you....

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2020 at 09:00

^that would be a neat trick since the last time any of those profiles had visited the forum was 2017.

See? They're getting craftier!
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2020 at 10:11
I think there's an arrangement where the same IP for two different members (to facilitate the 'bald angels' entity) is countenanced by PA. Not really sure anyone could make a strong argument for endorsing what is clearly a double standard.

Edited by ExittheLemming - June 19 2020 at 21:43
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 19:12
I hate to be an alarmist, but there may be another "abuse" brewing as it seems "more than a coincidence" that musician Zoltan Vamos--from the Canadian Crossover band BENJAMIN'S KITE--who has had a legitimate account here since 2019--may have appeared today (as Canadian "Zoltan") to promote his band's own album, Ingenious Cacophanies as reviewer "TheDesolationRose"--a reviewer that just happened to join today, October 8, and post two reviews only--of two BENJAMIN'S KITE albums. 

I don't begrudge anyone trying to promote their own albums, but to open multiple accounts to do so seems a bit . . . deceptive and devious. Again, I feel for the guy--and he got me to return to an album that I'd normally have passed over--but now I see that ZoltanXVamos has also posted a five star rating for their album. (I almost expect a future review to be added to said rating.) 

The question is: Is the Canadian named "Zoltan" who posted full reviews of Zoltan Vamos' band BENJAMIN'S KITE today the same ZoltanXVamos who later in the same day, from another, older account, posted a rating for the same albums (and may soon post a review)?

Something to watch (if multiple accounts are even something you discourage here on PA. I honestly don't know. It just seems . . . unethical.)

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 19:38
I remembered Zoltan's name for issues surrounding his reviews before.

It's not considered good to have two concurrent accounts (and can lead to banning depending on the situation, say with multiple personae at the forum) and certainly one shouldn't be doing both a rating without review and a review of an album, ;et alone one's own. And both accounts have been active today within a short time of each other. It's the same person, and had that person decided to do a review, that could have been edited into his ratings (otherwise should have contacted us bout changing the ratings to reviews). Will delete the reviews and remove the new account. I will save them here in this thread if he comes looking for them.

Reviews by TheDesolationRose (Zoltan):

Ingenious Cacophonies
Benjamin's Kite
Review by TheDesolationRose

5 stars "For a new prog band that originated in Canada, with a fairly moderate Symphonic sound, and loud keyboards, this album is very well done, well recorded and overall a journey.
What this new band was able to do with a complex arrangement, various different subgenres in prog, this album did what the last one they put out couldn't. This album has a stronger consistency than AE (Antediluvian Euphonies) and just overall a better recording sound. For me, AE was a bit lacking in production, this album has a much cleaner and defined sound, with smooth epics, war lyrics, and strong keyboard solos.

Benjamin's Kite is a band with integrity, paying homage to their favorite bands, for example sections in Sector 85 remind me a lot of TOTT Genesis and TFTO Yes. Everything is well played, the vocals are fantastic, and this album is the definition of Prog... Crossover? Perhaps. Well done BK."

Antediluvian Euphonies
Benjamin's Kite Crossover Prog
Review by TheDesolationRose

4 stars "For a debut album, this was full of swings and misses, but also songs that stuck the landing. Biggest swing and a miss quality of this album was production for sure, some of the vocals sound very thin and over-processed. Overall, this album sounds more like a test album than something serious. Just a bit of tweaking in production (mainly the drums, they sound like robots), and this album would be better, maybe half a star more but exactly 4 stars is about what I would say about this album.
The tracklist is really good, the songs are really good, and the album cover is ridiculously good. 4 stars at most, at the very very least 3.5 stars, but 4 is fitting.

Better things were to come though."

Perhaps the expectations were not known, but this goes against policy. So, the reviews are gone from the DB and Zoltan V Ramos' new account has been suspended.

Edited by Logan - October 08 2020 at 19:59
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 07:54
Two Gorans from B(osnia) i(n) H(erzegovnia) with accounts ending in "88"--one of which was opened TODAY--and both with amorphous space-techno avatars--posted five star reviews of the new Wobbler album within minutes of each other! What are the chances of that happening? Perhaps the two Gorans should be brought in for questioning for their suspicious behaviour....

Drew Fisher
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 08:03
^Investigating

Yup...there is actually 6 Gorans (that I could locate) with similar handles, email addresses and ratings. Good catch.

Edited by Tapfret - November 19 2020 at 09:58
A Crimson Mellotron View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Crimson Mellotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 08:18

LOL, you're right though
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 08:25
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Two Gorans from B(osnia) i(n) H(erzegovnia) with accounts ending in "88"--one of which was opened TODAY--and both with amorphous space-techno avatars--posted five star reviews of the new Wobbler album within minutes of each other! What are the chances of that happening? Perhaps the two Gorans should be brought in for questioning for their suspicious behaviour....

One of them has given 5 stars to every Wobbler album. I know people are raving about the new Wobbler album but is it really one of the greatest prog albums of all time?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 08:44
Is it Kosher to still use the word Kosher? Political correctness and all that. LOL
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2020 at 16:30

A great find Drew. Ian's dealt with'em already. Wink
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2020 at 08:29

Is it Kosher to still use the word Kosher? Political correctness and all that. LOL

Sorry! Didn't mean to offend! Let me get you a band-aid, kleenex, and a coke to help you deal with my insensitive indiscretion. 

(I know: they're not really related, just wanted to illustrate the way in which I use the "k" word.)

Peace out!

Drew Fisher
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 04:50

Sorry! Didn't mean to offend! Let me get you a band-aid, kleenex, and a coke to help you deal with my insensitive indiscretion. 

(I know: they're not really related, just wanted to illustrate the way in which I use the "k" word.)

Peace out!

I'm very much afraid that in future we're going to have to use some kind of Orwellian speak as not to offend anyone. Kosher will be Kofood, for example. Hopefully, we'll all pass on before then.

Edited by SteveG - November 21 2020 at 04:51
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 06:47
10-4, Good Buddy! Let them truckers roll!

(My preferred form of Orwellian speak.)

Drew Fisher
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 07:54
Yes sir-ree. keep your wah wah pedal to the metal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12