Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Italy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STCBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Italy
    Posted: June 24 2020 at 08:16
Hi everyone,
my name is Alessandro Carmassi and I'm a newbie.
I live in Rome and I am a music lover and a fan of Prog Rock. 
My favorite bands are Genesis (Pete and Phil no exeption...), Marillion (Fish and H), Yes, KC...you name them. I guess favorite bands depends on the mood sometimes...I find myself switching from time to time from more melodic to MetalProg to ClassicProg and so on...
I love collecting and am also a HIFI enthusiast.
I am a singer....can't play anything but I can shout it out. Over the years (I'm 47) I had a few unbelievable gigs:
1) I played with Marillion in 2011 at the Dutch convention during the Swap The Band contest performing Quartz
2) I played with Steve Rothery (Marillion's guitarist also known as GOD) with the very first line up of the Steve Rothery Band. The very special night Live in Rome was recorded and released on the Inside Out label on CD and DVD

After all of that I'm also part of a new band called Swappers Eleven. We have a record coming out on the 27th of July 2020 on the Oskar label (Poland). We have a couple of tracks on YouTube (don't know if I can post them here).
The band is an enseble of musicians from all over the world : Brasil, Norway, Poland, UK, USA, Italy, Holland, etc.... The thing all these musicians have in common is the love for Marillion and to have been on stage with the band itself during the Swap The Band moments at the Conventions.
Well I guess I talked too much....
Nice being here....
Thank you for letting me in...

Best regards from Italy

Ciao

Alessandro
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2020 at 11:15
Originally posted by STCBM STCBM wrote:

Hi everyone,
my name is Alessandro Carmassi and I'm a newbie.
I live in Rome and I am a music lover and a fan of Prog Rock. 
My favorite bands are Genesis (Pete and Phil no exeption...), Marillion (Fish and H), Yes, KC...you name them. I guess favorite bands depends on the mood sometimes...I find myself switching from time to time from more melodic to MetalProg to ClassicProg and so on...
I love collecting and am also a HIFI enthusiast.
I am a singer....can't play anything but I can shout it out. Over the years (I'm 47) I had a few unbelievable gigs:
1) I played with Marillion in 2011 at the Dutch convention during the Swap The Band contest performing Quartz
2) I played with Steve Rothery (Marillion's guitarist also known as GOD) with the very first line up of the Steve Rothery Band. The very special night Live in Rome was recorded and released on the Inside Out label on CD and DVD

After all of that I'm also part of a new band called Swappers Eleven. We have a record coming out on the 27th of July 2020 on the Oskar label (Poland). We have a couple of tracks on YouTube (don't know if I can post them here).
The band is an enseble of musicians from all over the world : Brasil, Norway, Poland, UK, USA, Italy, Holland, etc.... The thing all these musicians have in common is the love for Marillion and to have been on stage with the band itself during the Swap The Band moments at the Conventions.
Well I guess I talked too much....
Nice being here....
Thank you for letting me in...

Best regards from Italy

Ciao

Alessandro

Well, anyone who has played with the legendary Rothers is most welcome here.

Check out the criminally underused Marillion Appreciation Thread.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
STCBM View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STCBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2020 at 06:30
Thank you Lazland...will check it out now...
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2020 at 19:29
Hi Alessandro,  welcome!

Wow..  had to read twice those bits about Marillion and Rothery.  

Great Marillion fan here, Fish era mainly, and as a guitar enthusiast certainly an admirer of Steve Rothery. Welcome!

Post Reply Post Reply