Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Most Wild Rock Stars?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Most Wild Rock Stars?
    Posted: September 14 2020 at 09:58
Jim Morrison and Keith Moon are a few that come to mind... I've read many times how Jim would do daring things at school, climbing on top of buildings, railways, anything to get attention... Keith Moon is rumored to have either driven a car or jumped into a pool at a Holiday Inn in Michigan on his 21st birthday, to be banned from EVERY Holiday Inn.

Please include stories, because some might not know details outside of their music, and some stories could be debunked by others.. I'll need to go back and make sure my details are correct before posting more.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Blaqua View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2020 at 12:39

By “wild” you mean most controversial on and out of stage? Sid Vicious, Iggy Pop, Marilyn Manson are such stars. Also, the ‘wise’ Kurt Cobain used to break his guitars at the end of gigs.

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2020 at 12:46
The legendary exploits of Zeppelin are too lurid to recount with any vividness.   Suffice to say those guys were crazy.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 13:23
This was done recently, seems to me the winner is GG Allin.

MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 14:35
Originally posted by Blaqua Blaqua wrote:

By “wild” you mean most controversial on and out of stage? Sid Vicious, Iggy Pop, Marilyn Manson are such stars. Also, the ‘wise’ Kurt Cobain used to break his guitars at the end of gigs.

On stage, off stage, or both.. I've heard of those you mentioned, but I don't know any stories.

Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 14:47
UFO. Read the late Pete May's harrowing biography. A band who lived the rock n roll dream.
Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 18:33
Vincent Damon Furnier, know as Alice Cooper.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 21:00
Motely Crue and Kiss come to mind. Van Halen also maybe. If more than just drugs or groupies then probably someone else.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 15 2020 at 21:00
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 21:06
Originally posted by Blaqua Blaqua wrote:

Yeah, Iggy Pop stabbed himself. Kind of hard to top that. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 21:24
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Agreed

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2020 at 23:36
Originally posted by Boboulo Boboulo wrote:

Vincent Damon Furnier, know as Alice Cooper.

My vote would go to Alice and his wonderful band, which I saw in concert on their "School's Out" tour!  

July 28, 1972....the amazing Captain Beyond opened the show.  

RIP guitarist Glen Buxton, who died of alcoholism.  
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 09:13
During the Use Your Illusions tour, Axl jumped in the crowd and beat up a fan for snapping a picture of him. (Times have surely changed, now people at concerts all they do is take pictures and film). 
Axl was also aggressive to women, any respect gets lost after reading that. 

UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 09:20
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Agreed

No one tops GG Allin. He was badsh*t crazy and did some both bizarre and illegal Things on and off stage...did anyone know that his birthname was Jesus Christ Allin? yeah that story is actually true.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 11:25
Originally posted by Earl of Mar Earl of Mar wrote:

UFO. Read the late Pete May's harrowing biography. A band who lived the rock n roll dream.

I think you mean Pete Way.
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 13:19

Originally posted by Earl of Mar Earl of Mar wrote:

I think you mean Pete Way.

He just passed away, didn't he?

The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2020 at 14:35
In the context of rock, the most wild star will have to be someone who doesn't take any drugs, who stays true to his/her wife/husband all the way, who always leaves a hotel room in the state it was in before, who lives in an ordinary 2-4 room flat, goes to the recording studio by bus or bicycle, and who enjoys fishing and picking berries in the woods.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 11:38
Keith Richards once said:- "Some doctor gave me six months to live and I went to his funeral." Stern Smile
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 12:07
Ozzy Osbourne. Who else would bite off the head of two pigeons and a bat live on TV?

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 12:10
I would like to mention John L., the singer of Ash Ra Tempel on "Schwingungen". He appeared naked with a painted penis on stage and had himself whipped there.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 12:22
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Agreed

No one tops GG Allin. He was badsh*t crazy and did some both bizarre and illegal Things on and off stage...did anyone know that his birthname was Jesus Christ Allin? yeah that story is actually true.

Yup. The wild discussion begins and ends with GG Allin. His rock star status is the only part that might get called into question.

And thank you for not posting any videos.

Post Reply Post Reply