Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Here's a Gabriel-Era Genesis Question for You...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here's a Gabriel-Era Genesis Question for You...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intermezzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 22:53
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

So many great ones to pick from, so I´ll chose one not many others will probably even consider: Counting Out Time. It´s not a great epic, or an especially complex progressive rock track, but I absolutely adore the lyrics and the feel good atmosphere of the song.
This guy gets it.  And extra credit because he limited it to one song!

I'd have to pick "Blood on the Rooftops."  Er, wait...  Okay, "Counting Out Time" for me, too, because Lamb hasn't gotten nearly enough love in this thread.
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 11:51
The Lamb is quite amazing, in fact I just finished listening to it. Despite it being my Favorite Genesis album, it's a perfect example of the whole is greater than an individual part. SO I'm going with Dacing with the Moonlit Night. Followed closely by Frith of Fifth
Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 11:58
Originally posted by Intermezzo Intermezzo wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

So many great ones to pick from, so I´ll chose one not many others will probably even consider: Counting Out Time. It´s not a great epic, or an especially complex progressive rock track, but I absolutely adore the lyrics and the feel good atmosphere of the song.
This guy gets it.  And extra credit because he limited it to one song!

I'd have to pick "Blood on the Rooftops."  Er, wait...  Okay, "Counting Out Time" for me, too, because Lamb hasn't gotten nearly enough love in this thread.

"Blood on the Rooftops" is my favourite Collins-era Genesis song. I will go with "Cinema Show" as my Gabriel-era Genesis pick.

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is my favourite Genesis album, by the way, despite not going with a track off of it. Trespass would be my second favourite.

Edited by Logan - September 01 2023 at 12:04
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 16:03
Probably "Dancing With The Moonlit Knight" because of the quieter parts and rocking parts, for a range of expression.

Edited by Boojieboy - September 01 2023 at 16:03
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 16:10
Probably For Abscent Friends, cuz Peter is not singing in it. xd But it does techically count as a Gabriel-era song.

Edited by Hrychu - September 01 2023 at 16:11
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 20:26
Besides Supper's Ready, the first favourite of mine was Firth of Fifth... but now I have a hard time between that one and other similar ones, like Dancing with the Moonlit Knight, Cinema Show, and Musical Box.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456