Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a pre-amp for my Strat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a pre-amp for my Strat
    Posted: December 20 2020 at 11:57

Hello,

My Fender Stratocaster is lacking electricity Stern Smile

I have a Marshall amp, but I do not want to use it to keep good relations with my neighbors. Therefore, for now, I play my Strat acoustically.

As Xmas is coming, I'm looking forward to buy a basic pre-amp, but I don't know which hardware to begin with. Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance for you replies and merry Xmas! Beer

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 13:47
If you want to avoid annoying the neighbours then you could try one of these

I'm using it with a bass but it should work fine with a Strat. It has distortion, reverb, flanger, tremolo effects and you can connect up an MP3 player to strum along to. I got mine for half the price it is on Amazon at the moment but it's still worth it a full price.

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 13:58
I'm currently using a Carlsbro Kickstart 10W amp,  and there's no danger of annoying the neighbours, so I'd ultimately like to upgrade to a 100W amp in the same range with added digital delay and chorus effects built-in. All I'll need then is a wah-wah pedal to go fully psychedelic. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 20 2020 at 14:05
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 15:02
How about a VST plugin such as Mercuriall Spark?
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2020 at 03:20
Thank you all for your replies and merry Xmas to everybody! Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply