Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite track from More Soundtrack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Your favourite track from 'More' (soundtrack)?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [18.75%]
4 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [15.63%]
11 [34.38%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [9.38%]
3 [9.38%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 13:33
^ Ibiza Bar is great too, I only failed to mention it between my hard choices because it's very similar to The Nile Song, and I would give the edge to that other one.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 13:43
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Ibiza Bar for me.
It’s interesting to see only six tracks (at the time I post this) have votes. Though perhaps not surprising, as if someone asked me to pick my six favourite tracks, these would probably be the six I’d pick....

It's rare that a soundtrack that is not put together from "best of" material has a consistent quality when considered on musical terms alone.

Main Theme for me by some distance. I do like Up the Khyber though.

Edited by Lewian - April 15 2021 at 13:44
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 14:57
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

^ Ibiza Bar is great too, I only failed to mention it between my hard choices because it's very similar to The Nile Song, and I would give the edge to that other one.

Definitely. And I was surprised to see two other votes for Ibiza Bar for just that reason. Because of the similarities between the two, I would have thought most people who like both would prefer The Nile Song. It’s quite nice to know there are at least two others like me, who give the edge to Ibiza Bar! 😄

The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 17:40
One of my least favourite Pink Floyd albums. Score music on record is often boring when it is taken out of its movie context, and More is no exception. My favourites are the actual songs, it has to be either "Cirrus Minor", "Crying Song" or "Cymbaline". I go with the latter.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 19:22
I just finished listening to the entire album. I liked it more than I remember. Anyway, I went with the Nile song. I also really liked the main theme because of it's spacey vibe and almost voted for that but in the end went with TNS. 
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 23:50
The film is worth watching too, though only snippets of Floyd music can be heard.  [There is also a song 'Seabirds' which strangely never got released.]
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2021 at 21:30
Originally posted by The Anders The Anders wrote:

One of my least favourite Pink Floyd albums. Score music on record is often boring when it is taken out of its movie context, and More is no exception. My favourites are the actual songs, it has to be either "Cirrus Minor", "Crying Song" or "Cymbaline". I go with the latter.

I guess that's a reason I don't like this album even more. About the first half of the album, with the more traditional songs, are really good, but the other half, with the ambient music, is rather... as you say, it doesn't work so well out of the movie context. Yet, because of those more traditional songs, the album becomes really worth listening.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12